Pacifier classes???? Need Advice!!!!

My daugher is 5 months going on 6. She is teething. She loves teething toys but I want to put her on a pacifier. Ever since she was a new born i've tried. She spits it out. She doesn't suck on it for more than 5 minutes straight...hehehe...I think it would be better to put her on a pacifier, don't you think??? At least, up until she is a year or two a pacifier should be handy. How do I get her to use it successfully beside being patient???? Should I go to a "how to put use a pacifier to your infant" classes????

Hi,

When my daughter was little she wouldn't take take a pacifier until she started teething at 3 months. I tried using a NAM but she refused to take it so I switched to a nuk and then she would only take a silicon one. Have you tried using different kinds to find one your little one likes? Also I have heard that if you're breastfeeding it's hard to get them to take one so if your doing that that may make a differece. Hope this helps.

Some kids just don't want a pacifier. If she's doing fine without it, then don't worry about it. Then won't have to worry about coming back here in 2 years saying "My daughter won't give up her pacifier. Somebody please help me convince her to get rid of it."

Stick with the teething toys. Its healthier than constantly sucking on the pacifier.

I have to agree with avman - I have two kids, one loved it, the other wanted nothing to do with it. It's no reflection on you that she doesn't like it, mine was happier with her fists, her toes, teething toys, ANYTHING but the pacifier. If she doesn't like it, she'll settle on something she does like instead, even at this age, you'll find babies have tastes and personalities all their own! So don't sweat it, it'll just be one less thing to lose from the diaper bag and panic over if she did get attached to it!