married us marines........i need help

aight, check it, my wife is a marine........when she first enlisted in june 2003, her recruiter told me that the corp could not have us separated from each other for more than 6 months, is this true..........i need to know, because, they keep adding months to her duty station........she is at lejuene now...........just graduated mct, i havent seen her for a month (let's keep track, that's 1 month), her mos school doesnt start till jan 04 (that's 2 more months, 3 total), then it is gonna alst 79 days, which ends up being 4 months (7 total now) until she graduates cause weekends dont count as school days............so, my question is, shouldnt they accommodate us because she is married.......does anybody know, and can u help me, i noticed there were a few marines in here before, if so..............get at me, i need this question answered.............thankx........

I'm a veteran. I got out in '92. I can tell you that recruiters will tell you whatever will get you to sign on the dotted line.

Unless it is in a contract that she signed or a current military procedure, they aren't obliged to do anything for you.

What you shoud do is contact your local USO/VA organization and ask them where you can find documentation supporting the recruiters claim.

If you are married, you DO have rights.

Until we can get a law passed that will hold the recruiters personally responsible as well as hold the United States Government responsible for the recruiter's actions in misrepresenting the military by misinforming the recruits by deliberate means then it is pretty much a no go. This is sad but true and if anyone out there knows anything about law and wants to start a petition I will be a willing civilian to sign it to help pass it to law. You can email me at email removed

The recruiters get away with what big business doesn't and Enron was the major one that tried and guess who they learned it from. If the big brother United States Government won't step up to the plate for it's misreresentations and get away with it then how can they be hypocrytical and demand it of anyone else or any business. Laws should hold true for all not just a few. Isn't that somewhere in the constitution?

Yeah, the recruiter lied. She will be gone for over 6 months and this probably won't be the first time. MAYBE if you were married you would have a little weight, but not as "just a boyfriend". Right now the military is sending people that have families home for 2 weeks after 6 months and then back for another 6 months (to Iraq), the guys that don't have families aren't even that lucky, they just stay. Being a SO to someone who has joined the military is EXTREMELY hard, right now your GF is going through one of the biggest changes in her life and has her head FULL of things, while you're at home w/ only her on your mind. This will not be the only "surprise" you get from the military, you have to learn that it's just the way it is. Unfortunately your girlfriends life is not hers right now...

The guy with the marine as a SO is married to her by the way if you read the message carefully. The problem is he feels that even with that the recruiter lied to him since she will be gone longer than the 6 mos he originally stated and claims.

There are times when it is longer than 6mos and it is not right for the recruiter to make it a point in fact that it will not be longer than that.

There should be a debreifing class for those who are about to marry and are married to the military to tell them what and what not to expect and build an open forum for all of the SO's to get together and form discussion groups of their fears, hopes, dreams, saddnesses, and joys. Not just getting together after a war and forming groups of family members who have lost a loved one or have a family member disabled while serving. We need to support our guys & gals in the military. Yet we also need support in return if we are SO's. My husband is no longer in the service. I was also a military brat growing up so I can see a lot of sides to the story. Children are a big factor in military life that have little support and need more than just the medical, dental, & optical care that they get. They need to understand what is going on too. There is this whole vaccumn of SO's and their children who feel they are left behind in the military dust even during peace time much less in times of war. So instead of worrying why not form a group with those SO's and their children and send out messages of support to your loved one. Send letters of encouragement, of love, and of great respect for their efforts. It may be the only opportunity you have to say these things. Even if they are in training there are always accidents and some can be fatal so remenber that they as military guys and gals need our greater support to keep them going and alive at times. We as SO's and their children need to support them and each other in times of trial.

I hope that if nothing else you may find it easier to be closer to her after basic training. I don't know what your job situation is but maybe looking into something that will let you take the work with you rather than you going to the work may be helpful. I am looking into via computer internet jobs and possibly starting my own internet business so that my husband and I will be able to buy a BIG RV and go touring the USA that he joined the service to help protect and serve. That way we still have an income coming in as well as being able to enjoy the "High Life" as they say.

Praying all will work out for you both.

thanks, yeah we are married, and u know what u are damn right about that whole law about recruiters and what they say..........i mean, i am really frustrated with her recruiter, first off, he fudged up her paper work, and she missed out on marital pay for a whole month, which is alot if u know what i am talking about - u get payed alot more if u are married, but she didnt get that because he didnt put my id's in with her orders, and she caught it, luckily, so now she is getting the dough she should..........btu forget the past month of pay that she should have had for being married...........uncle sam aint tryna give her back pay, hell naw.............i do think that is a good thing for a law, and i am willing to sign a petition for that shit, for real........... email removed - let me know..............about the supporting my wife in her career, i do 100 % and i am ready to move wherever and whenever we have to............i am a cellular sales rep, and jobs in that field are a dime a dozen..........well, anyway, thanks for the support..........peace...........