Anorexia?or just emotional strains?

Ok so i should probably go to the doctors but i thought id ask for an opinion here first as its hard for me to get time off work and stuff.

i would like to know if anyone could define anorexia for me? im pretty sure that it is more of a mental disease?

i have been experiencing problems with my boyfriend as you may have noticed from previous posts,and also have an important test coming up.i always tend to get a bit of a sickly feeling in my stomach when i am nervous or worried about something,but over the last few days i just havent been able to eat properly at all and its beginning to worry me.i think it is partly to do with the fact that i am stressing an awful lot and have alot on my mind recently. i dont think im fat or ugly or anything like that,but just the smell of food is making me feel like throwing up.like i was trying to eat some cereal one morning and my throat sort of froze up and i really thought i was going to be sick and i couldnt eat anymore after that. the only thing i can seem to stomach is milk! so ive just been drinking lots of fluids to substitute food i guess

(not alcohol).im worried it might be anorexia or something similar,i just cant seem to eat,i am very upset at the moment with various different issues could this be the reason?im freezing cold right now as we speak and i have two coats on. has anyone experienced anorexia before?or know the symptons?i dont think its a stomach bug,i dont really get them and have never experienced anything like this at all,i just feel really weak.anyone got any ideas?thankyou.

Anorexia is a mental illness. Whether it be for control or because they see themselves as overweight, people with this illness refuse to eat.

You on the other hand, WANT to eat... so i can safely conclude you are not anorexic.

When people are under stress, they can react emotionally. Emotional responses are a natural and normal part of life, although most of the time stress tends to elicit unpleasant emotions rather than pleasurable ones. Your emotional wellbeing has caused you to turn off food. Some people who are stressed or upset will eat excessively, while others (like myself) turn away from food.

Because our mental (and physical) health is affected by stress, it is necessary to find effective techniques to cope with stress. For instance, meditating while listening to comforting music helps to relax ones body and mind. Likewise, a soothing massage releases muscular tensions and immediately reduces pressure. In addition, a vigorous workout relieves stress, since one is able get distracted from the problem.

Once you become relaxed and alleviate the stress, your appetite will come back.

Best Wishes