job interviews, need advice please!

I worked for walmart more than a year ago and I didnt put a two weeks notice in when I quit. I just stormed out of there. Well I al going to their open interview on Tuesday and I have to get this job because I am not making any money. There are all new manangers and supervisors and I feel I might have a clean start, but when I tell them I had worked at the store before they will want to know why I quit. I want to sell myself and make them believe that this time around I am more responsible and want to keep the job. PLease what should I do or say to GET THE JOB FOR SURE!

Leaving any job on bad terms will make it hard to return for future employment.

Most companies now keep all past employees in their database. They list why they left and if they are rehire eligible.

If you put in your two week notice but did not stick to that term you were more than likely listed as a "no rehire".

In that case on in great exceptions can you be rehired.

Be positive, things will work out for you either way.

Good luck to you.

be honest about it. if you lie about it & they hire you, they might find out eventually, then it could be bad. jobs like the fact that their employees are honest. it shows that they can admit that they did something wrong. i know that i would rather hire someone who told me they did something wrong rather than find out later after i hired them that they lied.

be honest about it. if you lie about it & they hire you, they might find out eventually, then it could be bad. jobs like the fact that their employees are honest. it shows that they can admit that they did something wrong. i know that i would rather hire someone who told me they did something wrong rather than find out later after i hired them that they lied.

I want to be completely honost, but I want them to really want me to work there. What I wanted to say is that it has been a year, I am more responsible and stable, in the new of my marriage, more mature etc... and that I want to stick with a company for a while. I just hope it all works out. Has anyone else been in this same scenario? That you worked for a business and quit w/ out 2weeks notice and you want a rehire???? Please any advice!!! thank you

Gosh, i dont know what to say. But I think Lightingbird might be right. I once work at this like resturant and i worked there for like 3 years and they shut down and reopen and they never call me up so i have no idea...But i do wish u the best and let us know what happens either way. if u dont get hire there is also other jobs too

• 1 month later...

I agree with blondizilla. You should be honest to them, because soon or later they will find out and it will defenetely be worse. Remember that in this situation, the truth is always better. They will see you had the guts to be honest with them and see you have learned from your actions.

Hold in there! i wish you the best of the best.

Lilu