bf & sister

enadevoli

one day my sister was looking at her email & i walked past & noticed that my bf had emailed her. it was completely random cause i had no idea he even knew her email. i was curious, so when she left the room, i read the email. my bf was saying how much he cares so much for me & all that stuff, but he was worried that i didn't feel the same. that is not true cause i really really care about him & like him. i don't know why he randomly thinks that. i never give him a reason to think that. we have been together for 7 months now & this happened a couple months ago & ive lately started to wonder about it. i will admit that when we first started dating, i was REALLY shy, but ive been so much better with completely being myself & showing him how much i care about him. what im worrying about is why would he be talking to my sister about this?? i figure its because he thinks she will truthfully tell him, but so would i. i don't think that he still has that same feeling, but i didn't think he felt that way in the first place either. my bf always tells me that if i have a problem with him, to talk to him about it. i really wish my sister would also tell me about the whole thing because i deserve to know how he's feeling & if i never did find the email, i wouldn't have any clue that he felt that way. i don;t know what to do aabout this. should i just let it go?? i mean it did happen awhile ago, but lately ive been thinking about it. i also don't want to tell my bf that i know cause then he would think my sister told me, when he told her not to.

First of all, I think you shouldn't worry about this too much, it's was probably a harmless (and kinda cute) attack of insecurity on his part, and he asked someone he thought could give him the real scoop on your feelings.

If you think you can mention it to your sister without her freaking out that you read her mail, that's what I'd do first. I'd ask her how the question came about, and how she answered it. Make sure not to sound offended, jealous or uptight about the fact that he e-mailed her.

And then you can mention it to him in a casual way...i mean, unless the e-mail swore her to secrecy that she must never let you know he asked. Let him know that "Yes" you do like him, and you care about him a lot! Reassure him.

If you can't mention this to either one of them at all, then I have to wonder why there's so much distance and fear of misunderstanding in your relationships with them. They love you, so they will understand your curiosity. It should be ok!

alright that was really random, i'd be a lil freaked if my bf emailed my sis. eheh but that's a diff story. ok so the guy is in love with you, i guess he's insecure about asking you because you might not tell him. from what he sees, maybe your sis will understand you because if he asks you then it would set up a weird position. you may think...does he not trust me?? i doubt that's the case. for now, just once in a while be aware of wat he might interperet things and reassure him that you're there.

christine