"the broad chest look"

This one's for the guys. I wanna get the broad chest look. You know like when you suck in your stomach and your chest looks big and proud, how do you go about it? what sorta exercise do you do? Because I can't walk around sucking in my stomach all the time(not that I'm fat though, just mean that when I suck in my stomach it compliments your chest and posture) Thanks for you help people.

to get a broader chest, you need to do the exercises which shifty suggested, you do these exercises once a week, when it comes to weights you can't over do it, people think that working your chest out every other day will make it broader, it won't, fact is that the more you strain the muscle, the less time it has to recouperate, take a protein supplement, preferably something with 30 or more grams of protein per drink.

so do a chest workout using weights once a week, try working the rest of your body as well, this way you can get stronger and lift more, the more you lift the better, so do that and eat as much protein as you can, then you won't have to worry about sucking in your stomach.

In response to your question, the best workout is to not overwork your chest. In order for muscles to grow, you need to do short sets and about 3 reps per exercise. Make sure you don't take too much time between sets to rest, you want to shock the muscle so I suggest 30 sec. to 1 min between sets. You choose how much weight you'll need, and try and choose a weight that you can only do somewhere between 6-9 reps of.Here's my routine:

flat bench: 4 sets 8 reps

incline bench: 3 sets 8 reps

decline bench: 3 sets 8 reps

butterflies: 3 sets 8-10 reps

That's my routine besides all of my other body parts. You may want to get into a full body workout routine, because you don't want to be disproportionate. It would look funny if your chest was huge but your arms and shoulders were the size of straws. go to link removed, you can get really good tips there also. If you really are serious about this, you need to make sure you get a lot of protein and some good carbs in your diet, either through supplements or the food you eat. You can't grow without protein. Make sure you do only one muscle group per week also, just like this:

Monday: Chest, shoulders and triceps

Wednesday: Back and biceps

Friday: Legs

Trust me, once a week is plenty, that's the key to growing. Your muscles don't grow in the gym, they grow when you're resting so give them 5-7 days to repair before working them again. Hope this helps!