Am I doomed for loneliness :(

Shyguy24

Hi my problem is that I am a overly sensitive person, I have only kissed one girl in my entire life.. its not that I am ugly or really good looking but ive been told that I am real cute. the most affection I willingly show a girl without being nervous is a warm hug.

Anyway because of my inexperience with women, I am worried that I might never have a proper relationship. Another thing is that I dress smartly and get looks from women and even smiles but sigh I don’t know what to do … I am going to university in the U.K, I am foreigner in that country, so I am desperate to make friends especially of the opposite sex, another problem Is that I am going to joining University about a week later then my classmates due to a family problem I fear that this will reduce my chances of making friends as they would have already made their aquantices.

So as a stranger how do I go about making friends especially with girls in a foreign country ?

Also as I am a shy person I feel it compounds my problem of making friends… that’s the reason why even when a girl smiles at me … I don’t know what to do ..

pls help me I don’t want to be lonely in a foreign country ?

I know how you feel about kissed only one person too. Dateing same with me. Geting some frends I might be able to help you there, first you go to dances, partys, join some clubs, go clubing, go to bars, and where ever people your age hang out at. When you are there interduce your self, joke around, and just get to know people. Be your self and you will find people to hang out with. remember try to have fun. Well I hope this helps and good luck.

Hello,

I lived in the U.K. for a few years including when Princess Diana died, and being an American, I ran into a lot of people who didn't like me but I guess I just brushed it off and tried to be as polite as possible. I ended up making a lot of great friends and found that they were all very laid back and just like to have a good time, unlike the stuffy, stuck-up stereotype I'd heard about. The clubs are awesome and so much fun. I was pleasantly surprised and ended up joking around with them about myself.... i.e. they called me a hick because of the way I talk, (slight Texan), said I drove a Yank Tank, etc... and so then I'd make fun of their accent and their little cracker box cars and we all just took it in stride. It was a good time and I do miss the U.K. Once you find the right crowd you'll fit in fine. I regret not visiting more places when I was there. Travel all you can, visit and take in all the sights and the history is so wonderful there. You'll meet some great people I'm sure. Keep in mind, making friends with foreigners is not that hard once you get past the fact that everyone is different and when you learn to accept those differences and appreciate the uniqueness that makes them so interesting.

Princess777

I'm British, I must admit I'm a little Proud about it.

Coming into the Uk for you has it's advatages, cuz people will notice you're accent, and straight away us Brits will take to you straight away,

TRUST ME!

I'll admit I have that embarrissing typical British posh snobby accent, but none of us really are like that, and certainly not me!

We british are very usally intrested in people like you, it almost amazing to here a strange accent, like princess777 we think that american accent is gorgeous it really is.