Blind date? anyone ever been?

Confusing

OK so I've been without a boyfriend for a while now. An aquantance of mine asked if I was seeing anyone. I said no and he said he thought I might like one of his coworkers and asked if I'd be interested in meeting him. He told me to think about it and let him know.

I thought it over for a week, considered all the blind date horror stories I've heard and decided why not...I have nothing to lose. I told my friend to put this guy in touch with me and NOW I'm nervous.

My friend hasn't given me much of a physical description and I hate to sound shallow, but I'm worried about what this guy will look like or if we will have anything in common or if it will just be a huge disaster.

Anyone ever been on a blind date? Any tips? advice? success stories? nightmares?

Blind dates are soooooooooo much fun!!!!

I met my ex from a blind date, and to be honest I didn't like the look of him when I met him but he was so funny and kind and honest that we went out and although not together now we are still very very good friends.

All you have to remember is that if you don't like him then just be honest and say that you don't want a relationship at the end..

We all meet people in different places, I met my current bf off ICQ so in effect he was a blind date too, we have now been going out for over a year!

it works, have fun, it will be the best laugh you will have

i agree,blind dates are fun,you never know what your gonna get and he could be the man of your dreams!! ive been on loadsa blind dates,unfortunately none of them came of anything,but thats purely because my friends really dont have that good taste in men,bless them.

but their still exciting and you could meet loadsa new people and make some new friends! i say go for it,you've nothing to lose!

have fun xxx

I have to agree......you have nothing to lose, and if, worst case, he's a jerk, you CAN leave. Just take your own transportation, is all I would suggest. But by all means, looks aren't everything....I've met some wonderful guys on blind dates, AND a couple of jerks.....but had fun all the same!

• 2 weeks later...