Can it be real love?

Azn Girl

Hello Everyone,

I'm posting this to ask-anyone-who can help me on this problem I have. You see I have a cyber boyfriend and he lives in Canada while I live in the US.

I really like him and we've talked on the phone twice. I met him around three weeks ago. I know what he looks like and I know all his hobbies. But I'm not sure if I can trust him. Of course I told him if he does like me and he told me he _loves_ me. But could online love can be REAL love? I mean could I trust him? Please help me out...I don't know what to do. We kept in contact ever since but I'm afraid I might lose him or he could be cheating on me. I can be paranoid but...just- if you guys have any advice for me then I would appreciate it.

Thanks and Sincerly,

Azn Girl

OMG Completely the SAME PROBLEM HERE!

Maybe it will hurt to hear, but...

Met here, he moved to Canada, I stayed here, cuz I'm 16, and he was 23. Yea it was real love, real online love. I know that cuz he talked to my best friend on the phone, and told her that he didn't want to hurt me, and doesn't know how to say this to me, buz he found someone IN-REAL-LIFE. OK, when I heard those words, I didn't need to hear anything else. I didn't want to stop him, I didn't want to try to get him back, because life is life, but I know that it was true and deep love.

So..as long as he doesn't meet a girl that will stick in his head, you should not be worrying.

The fact that he says that he loves you, sounds like b.s. to me, it takes a lot to know someone before you say "I Love You". Not to be so harsh, but it sounds like he's planting seeds in mulitple places, it sounds like he wants to get lucky (you know what I mean).

If your gut is telling you that he's unfaithful, then he probably is; especially, because he lives so far from you.

Try to find someone else, you could save alot of heartache! Better now than later right?

Cut your losses and find somebody that you can actually be with girl. your wasting precious time on an internet relationship.fine if thats what you want to do,but if you ask me there is lots of deceit where the internet is concerned,and also a lot of nasty people.

go out places,meet new people,please dont wastes your time on something like this its really not worth it

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the same situation here! Except I have a Boyfriend. Well, I was online on night, and I was in a chat. I got to talking to this one kid. He told me that he lived in Florida, N so do I! I was so excited. We talk ALL the time. I have been with my bf for a year 1/2. Lately, we have been arguing alot, yelling at least once a day. He has really changed, a lot. N well, I guess you can say I found some1 else. But on the internet. He is wonderful 2 me! But I am afriad to meet him. Anyways, I'm scared also, b/c I do not know how to tell if this is real or not. I mean I know I love him, but anyone can be a charmer. I have heard so many things about internet love. All I can say for you is to be careful, and don't fall in love with him. Or coarse u r able to fall n love with some1 u never have seen. But U also have to watch out. B/c everything could b a lie.

Hello there,

I understand you have met a guy who lives quite far from you online and you are questioning to validity of your relationship.

I am what you might call an internet baby. My parents were both actively involved in meeting people in chatrooms and then meeting them IRL. When my parents separated, both began meeting people from the internet romantically. My father had a little better luck than my mother did, or perhaps he just had a better judge of character. He met a wonderful woman online who lived in Missouri(he lives here in Maryland with me) and they hit it off well for a while. Things unfortunately did not work out for them as my mom got sick and things got quite complicated for my dad, but this woman and my father are still in contact.

My point is, online dating is a great way to meet people. Yes, it is true that sometimes you have to be wary, but as one of my older friends said to me one day "You can meet weirdos on the street everyday, they don't have to go online." *grins* I also believe you can find love online as well. These relationships are not easy, as they can contain distance issues and trust issues, but if you're strong enough to overcome these different problems, you are strong enough to have a successful online relationship.

On a side note, while things worked out great for my dad in regards to online relationships, it is very damaging to marriages. I have a strong belief that this was one of the leading causes to my parents' marriage demise. However, what's meant to be, will be. If a marriage is failing because of online dating, there is usually a deeper problem, as was the case in my parents' marriage. This problem tends to lead to online infidelity, not vice versa.

Best wishes!