2+ months after GF left... I have been awake for 3 days.

I hope this advice request makes any sense at all. I will try not to ramble too much (No, seriously-please don't laugh).

I have not been sleeping well at all since [link removed 2 , but this is really ridiculous.

I have been awake for three days and I am not tired. I am having minor visual hallucinations (like when you're trying to stay awake driving-not safe I know, but if you've experienced that, it's what I have have now) and muscle spasms. I took Desyrel (Trazodone) last night but it had seemingly no effect. I have been able to work very productively, even today. My concentration and memory are bad, but certainly no worse than if I missed one day of sleep.

The only really bad effect is that I feel sick from gorging myself on high calorie foods in a desperate attempt to stay within 20 lbs. of what my weight used to be. I was down 30+ lbs. I put on 10 eating more than I wanted and am horribly scared of losing it again. I felt very weak. I know from previous experience that I need much higher caloric intake to maintain my weight when I don't work on sleeping ( I have never been good at it.)

This started Monday night after I lifted weights. This will give you a boost of testosterone, epinephrine, GH, cortisol, etc. I believe that I have either become drastically more sensitive to hormonal changes or I'm producing vastly higher plasma concentrations of some hormones.

Also, I cannot tolerate confrontation or aggravation of any kind in my life.

This is a major change for me- I once had a summer job taking irate calls all day ("supervisor escalations") and I loved it!

Anyway, here is my question (finally!): Do you think this could be from 100mg/day Zoloft? I have been taking it 6 weeks, I think. I know it can take that long to start working for some people, so maybe it started working, and this is the result. Or could this be part of my response to my GF leaving? I have the majority of symptoms of PTSD, although my psychiatrist has not told me that she made this diagnosis (or any other). She does write a lot when I talk about them. Sunday was a signifigant date for me and I had really bad days emotionally on Sunday and Monday, so maybe this is not drug-induced. My psychiatrist doesn't seem to think Zoloft could cause really bad insomnia and my sister (an expert on pharaceutical drugs) didn't think so either.

I dont know what to tell you about your insomnia. Even if you lay in bed all night its better than staying active. I took Zoloft for a whole year and never had any problems sleeping. If anything it made my mind clear and relaxed so I could get a restful night of sleep. You are probably still grieving deeply about your breakup. My girl broke up with me a month before yours did and it still feels like yesterday. 3 months and I still think about her every dying second. Everyday I try to find hope in getting her back. Hope make me feel better but I have come to realize false hope makes things worse in the end. The reality is finally kicking in and now I MUST move on. Good luck man, I hope you try to get some sleep!

Wasup !

You should go see a doctor. Your problem has a name that I dont remember, but you just can overburn one day and end up in hospital with broken nerve system. I know one girl that didnt sleep and studied in the class and did everything like she was sleeping 12 hours a day , and after couple a months she ended up in hospital. SO I sujest you go see a doctor.....

"Every system has it's weak point" - Diabolical Masquerade

GO TO BED RIGHT NOW! makes me go to sleep.

I think all your problems are just from not sleeping and maybe not drinking enough water. Yes, it does sound simple , but without sleep people start to have all kinds of problems. Maybe Zoloft is not the right drug for you. I have a family member who has been on several medications , due to the fact that they all had negative side affects on him.

Medications do so many strang things to your body. When I was on birth control pills they made me feel so BAD!!! I had muscle cramps, sharp pains for no reason, my hormones were raging.

I would talk to your doctor, he may have to give you something else.

Ok...well I hope you slept..

If you didn't I think you should take a visit to your doctor and discuss the situation with him, because he may be able to prescribe something a little more in tune with your needs.

By gorging yourself on high calorie foods you are forcing your body to keep active, by all means I am not telling you you can't eat these foods, but maybe buy a smaller plate and eat them off that...sometimes the illusion that we are using a smaller plate even though full of food can be very usefull in controlling diet

I being a person famous for being able to sleep through anything, had a problem with sleep after my breakup, and this from a person that , as my father would say, "not even a garbage trunk driving through your room wake you up".

But after my breakup, I lost about 15 pounds in 2 weeks, and could not sleep, id get maybe 2 hours evey second day, and thats with sleeping pills, I couldnt work, I couldnt concentrat, all i could think about was everything that was happeneing.

As for all that hormonal stuff, it is possible you have a hormonal imbalance, you could get a blood test.

you should lay of the carbs, increase your protein and fat intake, they help with sleep, also look into Melotonin , this is a natural supplement thats very cheap. good to get your cycles in sync and help with sleep.

Also , there are some audio tapes/cds that you can listen to in bed to help you relax and sleep.

Oh one more thing, you might wantto try, the "brainwave generator" do a search on the net, this is a audio generator that makes waves to put your mind in a particular state, you know beta theta gamma and all that. it actually did help me, at that time, if anything i wasnt thinking of her but concentrating on the cool sounds.

Hey u be careful cause i had the same condition ur describing its called BIOPOLAR SYNDROME .....its a kind of depression that makes people HYPER ACTIVE THEY DONT GO TO SLEEP AND YET ARE VERY ACTIVE ....I HAD IT ABOUT 5 MNTHS BACK WHEN I BROKE UP WITH MY GF ..I ACTUALLY WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND WAS DOWN FOR 3 MNTHS ....BECAUSE I NEVER KNEW WHAT WAS HAPPENINF ITS BASICALLY A SLOW BREAK DOWN AND IMBALANCE OF THE NERVOUS SYSTEM ......I CAN SUGGEST THAT U IMMEDIATELY SEE A DOCTOR ..IF U CATCH ITIN THE EARLIER STAGE ULL PROABLY AVOID THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN ....

GET MOVING TODAY !! ..I HOPE I HELPED YOU ..I AM TALKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ...THIS CONDITION IS VERY DANGEROUS ..