Hello Everyone! I have a question... maybe a silly question... but a question.......

I belong to another forum which discusses children in extended blended families. Anyway - to get to my question... so anyway the topic comes up about this ladies stepson who is a young teenager who is getting rubber bracelets from young girls at school. His dad says he can't wear them.

Well my 6 year old has these bracelets also and she says they are "friendship bracelets". Another lady on the forum has a teenage daughter who says these are "sex bracelets".

I guess I'm out of the loop in my "older age" and I want to know.... what are the meaning of these bracelets? Is there a meaning? Do they mean different things in different schools?

hard to say....i think the Bracelets might mean both. depends on the age group, you know the Older generation gets these "idea's" and creative things about Sex in school.

When i was in school we had these POP can tops...if you pull the Whole thing..even the screw part off the pop top off it would mean Sex, only the loop part was a French Kiss. and if you broke the Loop it was a Simple Hug, All of them being either Sex-Tab, Kiss-Tab, Hug-tab, in that order..

so these bracelets could, Not sure mean SEX>? or just someone liking someone else, or friendship...whatever it is, i can't understand why the father wont let his son wear them.