he said he met someone

Dark

I posted here before about a guy that I met online, that I love him, and he did, even though it's internet.

Today he just said that he've met another girl in real life about two weeks ago, he said that he loved me very much, and still does, but he also has somehting for that girl, but he didn't want to hurt me, so he didn't tell me. He said he wants to be very good friends, I want to be with him, but I can't keep him from having someone in real life, I mean like everyone wants to have someone to hold, to kiss.. I could not, I told him that I understand him, and that if we can be friends, he said yes. The problem is, I still love him very much, and I don't know how to forget MY love to him fast. Someone please help.

Hello Extremegirl

Ok, first thing id like to say, we are all real people, even if its over the net. you are a real, feeling person. That aside, as for forgetting your love for him, you'll probably never forget that, but you will learn not to be hurt by not having his.

Internet is good for "finding" people, in some ways people can communicate even better, little social pressure, and the physical parts dont interfere. plus we can be more selective, because of the pure abundance of people online.

But, the thing is, It Good for "Finding" but thats only one step, the second step is, that contact in the "real" world IS needed to be a complete relationship.

Your feelings for him are real, because he is real in your mind, you have dreamt of him and you together, fantasized about him and you holding hands and kissing, to you, you feel you had a relationship, to him, it was just getting to know you part, with "potential", but was not complete.

He I believe did the right thing by being honest with you. you do have to understand though, that there are more than just one soulmate, I know you have built in yourself that he is the only one for you, that he is the one and only, but its not true, there are millions, that would make you feel like they are your soulmates.

The quicker you move on the better, just remember the good chats you had with him, learn from these experiences, how will you do things different next time?