Hey, I noticed in your 1st post u talked about a friend named amanda. Have you tried to talk to her again because even though you don't have feelings for her she may have some advice for you. she may of faced the same problem as u not knowing how to ask out another girl. I hope you find the help you need.

Do you have any gay/lesbian friends? You could try joining some kind of student group that deals with equal rights issues, or even a GLBT club. How have you done things up to this point (I guess I don't know how old you are or how long you've "known" about your orientation, I would guess you've always known)?? I just went through a drive through for lunch and saw a girl who came out in high school. She was extra-friendly, and I realized that maybe even if I hadn't known her sexual orientation, I would have perceived it as flirtation. So just see how girls react when you talk to them on kind of a small talk, friendly level. I guess sometimes there's that look in their eye. . .and you can tell. But I'm really not an expert!

I think once you get a good enough feel that they have the same intention or there is an interest, you should just ask if they'd like to go out for coffee or something of that nature, something low-key. The more you're around other young gay/lesbian people, the more chance you have that you won't have to do the asking, keep that in mind as well.

hopefully this helps in some way

• 2 months later...

first of all, congrats to you for acknowledging what you have been obviously fighting within yourself. secondly, dont rush the process. be amongst to familiarize yourself and to feel comfortable, if not already. at least by being amongst, you may encounter a sweet site with whom you wont have to wonder if she's family or not. right? good luck to you and dont add to the stereotype that lesbianism is a sexual forum without thoughts of committment down the line. support the lifestyle that loving a woman is as attractive and precious to seek longevity.