OFFICE POLITICS...

This post is about my supervisor (not the one I like, but I'm kinda close to her too--as a friend). Anyways, I found out earlier that she's gonna be transfered to another branch; I was somewhat shocked by the news. She's gonna be replaced by someone who was hired by the replacement. Anyways, is it common when the BIG BOSS steps down, the REPLACEMENT promotes/hires someone new, just for the sake of having someone (in management level) loyal to her/him?

Politics is politics. It's all one big game of cat and mouse. No matter how hard we try, it's difficult to avoid getting caught up in it. My only advice to you is to play the game on your level.

If someone is giving you a hard time or one upping you all the time. Don't try to get back at them through their own ways. They are the master of their own brand of politics. The old maxim holds true. "Don't fight the system, change it."

Only get involved in politics that you feel comfortable dealing with. If not, keep your head down to avoid all the guff. As to your particular question, if it makes sense then it probably is that way. You will never really know the motivations of someone's actions, but you can guess.

It's pretty simple, when one assumes a position of power. They tend to "clean house". They remove old remnants of the old regime and install newer, loyal people. This has been going on for 1000's of years in the royal courts of the world. So it's only natural that it would translate into the corporations of today.