how to shorten menstrual period

Drink lots of water...it helps for some girls. I helped me but the bad thing about it was that I made MANY trips to the bathroom. But water seems to make the blood come out more...sooner. Be active too...this also reduces cramps. Get some exercise and it should help with any problems.

Just to start off, my period used to last for only 4 days. When I was 18 I started taking birth control, and once the doctor and I found a brand that worked well with my body chemistry, it's shortened to 2 days, sometimes less. If possible, you might think about it. Ortho-trycyclin is a great one that also helps clear up your skin if you have problems with breakouts. And the best part is your period will be so regular, you will kow exactly what day to expect it on.

Hope it helps.

I agree with above post: go on birth control. Lots of benefits, plus it'll lighten and shorten your period. It helps with cramps and acne, plus a benefit if you really need the birth control. Just go to a gyno, that's where I got mine, and they'll help find a brand that works for you. There's lots of them, but I'm on OrthoTri Cyclen, which is pretty popular. Hope it works!

• 1 month later...