In hopes that someone is a doctor here, I'm posting this in the best place I could find. I'm sorry if it doesn't follow along with the "relationship theme" of the forum, But Moderators, please don't delete this post, I can't find any other forum on the net where people actually care!

2 days ago I managed to slam my finger between a closed door of a car and the car frame. I Just about passed out from the pain.

The finger swelled and over night the swelling went down greatly and in the morning I was able to move my finger.

I have a numbness on the bottom of my finger. If i extent it straight, i have a discomforting pain in all 2 joints except the knunkle. If i do the opposite, i get the same result.

It's been over 48 hours and the numbess seem to be able out same.

It's on my Right Hand, pointer finger , starts at the joint right below my fingernail up to the top on the underside of the finger. Half of it is numb, half of it is tingly. I'm not sure if I should go to the doctory or if there are home remedies or soemthing...

Any advice is appreciated....

I am a klutz plain and simple. And from someone who has broken 7 fingers in car doors over the years, I must urge you to go to the doctor. They will take an X-ray and most likely tell you that you have broken the finger. If movement is possible through the whole finger than I am inclined to believe it is not a bad break (probably a chip of bone), but a splint is probably the best thing to restrict the movement and allow proper healing.

Heck, one time when I slammed them in a car, my friend started to drive away! Hehe. It hurts like hell doesn't it? You'll feel better, don't worry. Mine were numb for a bit to, but the body is a wonderful thing and the nerves will most likely repair themselves over time.

Ok, you can take this from a nurse...go see a doctor...You have either fractured or broken your finger and the numbness that you are experiencing is the fact that you have damaged some of the nerves at the tip of the finger.

You will probably find that this will go on like this for a little while, especially the numbness because fingers and toes can actually take a long time to heal.

go see a doctor!

Man, that woulda hurt! All I can say is go to the hospital or something, trust me you won't be viewed as a wossy boy or something. That reminds me of when my cat fluffy was alive (she was a black and white part persian, ) she was coming up to greet my big brother when he came out of the his car and he didn't see her and slammed the door on her tail! She was scheeching and trying to bite at her tail, lol. Anyways....

I hope that you get better soon!

i accidentally did that to my lil bro not too long ago. it was only a sprain, no fractures. and he said the pain went on for a couple days. the doctor said to just keep it still for a week. try a popsicle stick with tape. after a week it was totally healed.