Final exit because of Criminal Record.

Just wanted to let you all know I'm going to kill myself soon. I will not hear of a solution or way out, so please don't offer any. I just need to tell someone so I can get it off of my chest. Anyways, the reason I'm doing this is because I have a criminal record that consist of 3 DUI's and there is no possibility of me becoming a citizen of today's society agian. All I want to do is join the military, which I was previously in, but with my record I was sadly informed I cannot re-join. I'm not sure when I will do it, but I do have the supplies right here with me. I would like to talk about this with someone, but I would prefer it if I were E-mailed! Thanks for listening.

Karting5u

I really cant offer you much advice on how you feel, only you know that for certain, i do understand that your dreams have been ripped away. and you may feel lost.

I have a friend that has gotten 3 DUIs in a year! and he still leads a productive life.

I just heard on the radio about a guy that was like 70 or something with over 400 DUIs !

I had a bad breakup recently, and my dreams were completely torn away, 4 years working towards someething, gone, my dreams, the children i wanted to have, the love i had, everything gone in an instant, i couldnt eat, sleep, work. i couldnt stop crying, i really wanted to end it all.

What did i do? i just left, i went out on the road, drove all over the country, and decided to move to a new place, start everything from scratch, new job, new friends, everything.

If you really want to be in the military, you can do what thousands of americans have done in the past, how about the forighn legeon? its tough, and they dont look into ones past.

you can also Change your ID, become a new person! disappear, travel, do some charity work, you wont believe the millions of people with DUI problems.

there are so many other options, dont give up yet. its never too late.

As i've bin told millions of times killing mysen will not help ne thing, all I will of suceeded in doing is making alot of ppl unhappy because they'd miss me. I agree with the ova person about charity work because it'll make people see you in a completely new light and make u feel good in ur self. Please don't kill yourself it will only mean that you've failed in life, because to fail is to give up and I bet in the army u wer taught never to give up. As for an army career I can't offer ne advice because I no nothing abaat it. By the way cud ne one tell me wat a DUI is because i have no idea, i dnt think they exist in england! Try and i bet that ul succeed in nething

For some reason in your life someone has made you feel bad and unhappy. You weren't born that way, it is learnt behaviour...Yes you do have a criminal record, and?...so you don't get to go into the arm, what did you plan on doing when you were in there?

I have a friend who has a bad, and I mean bad criminal record, I don't know what DUI means but this guy I know has a record for assault and through sheer determination he has made his way into the health care profession. Why?, because he showed everyone that the past is the past and should remain there and that his character had changed, and it had.

You obviously feel very remorseful for what happened and that is apparent in your posting, but now is the time to leave it there. Don't allow your parents to become distraught because of something that has happened to you. Look around you and think of what else you go do and what company would be honoured to have you.

You are a young man with probably about 60-70 years of a life times worth of happiness in front of you, don't let a blip like this (and it is a blip) stand in your way. If you wanted to join the army you must be a strong minded person, but you need to use this strength to lift yourself up.

*take great care*

Yes, I am quite young. I'm under 30 but over 25. There is more to this story than just the criminal record. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not into drugs, nor do I have a huge criminal record. Those 3 dui's were the only thing I was ever busted for in my life. While in the Marines, I was a model marine, did what I was told, passed every test with flying colors.

Now I'm 27, living with my parents in a town so small you could fit it all in a soup can, with absolutely no jobs in the immediate area. I do have a job, making 11 bucks an hour which I've been there for 10 months now. I like the job, but I'm not happy in my current living situation. My parents are always on my case, because I've done nothing with my life, they always talk me down and never show any feelings towards me. I have a father here, that won't speak to me, because of my criminal record, and I haven't produced any grand childern for him. That is why I want to re-join the military.

Thank you all for giving me some advice. I just might live to see another day!

You seem to be under a lot of pressure, and have tremendous expectations of you, its time you started living your life the way you want, you need to work or do anything that makes YOU happy, you have nothing to prove to anyone.

i can understand why you would be happy in the army, you do something right, you get commended on it, there is structure etc. but you cab have that in your normal life too. you need to set your OWN goals for yourself, and nail them one by one. they dont have to be big, you dont have to follow in your parents or brothers footsteps. do your own thing and be happy.

Do charity, go backpacking, Find a job in another state, another country. paint, learn music, do whatever your heart desires. to heck with the pressures, you can do it! you want to do something drastic, Hike the appalachian trail, ride your bike accross the country working on farms along the way. there are any number of things you can do. its about YOU.

take care, !

Well I am glad that you are making it through each day and glad that you read your posts, I hope you realise you are a special person and your loss would be felt by a lot of people.

But don't look about you and see just the wall in front of you, look beyond that. I too live in a very very very poor area of England, it saddens me each time I come home. I am older than you and live with my parents and earn £3.10 per hour which I think beats your $11!...

However, I see beyond this wall, and I see me moving on and upwards, and I know it will happen because (and I am not quite sure how) I will make it happen!

You will make it happen if you are determined enough, and now that we know you were in the Marines, well you can't have soft shoulders to do that can you?

Reasons I want to end my life:

1. I can't get back into the military because of my record.

2. My parents have disowned me because of my record.

3. I haven't been with a women in close to 4 years because of my reocord.

4. I have the most boring life ever because of my record.

And the list goes on........

Listen folks, I'm a very good looking guy who just got into a little bit of trouble. Maybe where you guys are from things are taken lightly because of my actions, but here in the USA (MICHIGAN) They are dead serious about it. I will never see a driver's liscence agian, so I am told by 5 lawyers. I can never get a respectable job because I now have a felony on my record. This felony will take atleast 10 years before I can get it off of my record, then I'll be 37.

In the last 3 and a half years I've lived with my parents having minimum conversations with any of them. They act as if I'm the outcast. So my life consist of going to work, coming home, and sitting in the living room or my bedroom. They stay on the other side of the house, and try there best to ignore me. I have the type of family that doesn't speak much, none of my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandfathers, etc... talk much about anything.

When I was in the military I had promised to marry my high-school sweet heart. I knew her all of my life and loved her with all my heart. When I was honorably discarged from the military I moved back home (FOR HER) and was engaged within 6 months. While on the road working, I came home early and caught her in bed with 2 guys. She appernelty changed alot since I was gone. Anyways I turned to drinking to ease the pain and that's why I got the 3 dui's. Ever since then my life has been a HUGE MESS.

I have no friends to turn too, because of this small town and they all moved away. I don't have family member to turn too, because none of us talk anyways. I really don't know what else to do besides shoot myself.

Reason I want to live:

1. For some reason in the back of my head I feel, I can be helpful to something, i.e. my country, or someone.

Please help this desperate empty soul. I'm in tears here and have no clue what to do.

Dan

Well folks, I just wanted to let you all know a miracle has happened. I joined the Army National Guard here in my state, with my old job I had in the military. For some reason they don't ask prior service anything about police records. All you have to do is pass a day long physical which I did, and I swoar back into the military last Thursday afternoon.

My unit I'm stationed with is within an hour from home, I work one weekend a month and two weeks out of the year with tons of benefits etc... The funny thing is, I met my recruiter the day before the physical, he then took me too meet most of my unit, and I found out I'll be going to Egypt for 6 months in October.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know everything worked out for the better after 4 long years. It's been hell here and I hope I never have to go through that agian. We all learn from our mistakes, and I know I can go on living my life one day at a time. Thank you all for the emails and expert advice

Thanks again,

Dan