I'm At My Wits End!! Somebody help!

Seems like talking to my kids doesn't have any impact whatsoever on what crud they decide to access online. After all the incidents with kids getting online and going into chat-rooms, talking to who knows who, and visiting all kinds of sexually immoral websites, I've decide to take action. I've heard about all sorts of software programs that can monitor your kids' internet activity and allow you to block it---but I need something that can monitor in Real-Time. Does anyone have any ideas? Any suggestions? [/i][/b]

Hello, thanks for coming to eNotalone!

I am unsure of the best way to block certain things, but I know someone that successfully monitored his computer using a program called "Weasel", or "PCWeasel". It seems relatively easy to use and it only costs around 10 us dollars. I would suggest you pay, or it won't run in stealth mode, but when it runs, it can record all keystrokes and it takes screenshots once a minute in the background and stores them in a folder for you to access.

I think those software programs only block sites which have bad content... but there is a way through everything right. Nothing I know of can actively block sites as they are accessed. Aside from supervision. Maybe you should hide the power cord of the comp and only allow the kids to use the computer for certain times a night?

Tell them that they cannot delete the history and that if they do then they will lose all access to the comp. Remember you are the parent. Set down rules and enforce them. Some times you have to be hard other times not. Give them a chance to act properly if they fail then take away there computer.