I think this should be stopped, but do you?

My dad is a vicar and we used to live in this parish it was quite rough and we had our house broken into and things stolen all the time, so we installed burgaler alarms. Now we live in quite a posh area and another vicar has moved into our old house.

We'll skip to the present now, this morning this vicar was beaten up in his own home, proberly by some homeless person he was helping find shelter or something. I think that it is completely unacceptable, because vicars give their lives to help people in need and how are they repaid by being beaten up.

I think that no person should ever live in fear in their own homes and have the right to their own personal health. This is not an isolated experience every year lots of vicars and their families are abused usually just for having a faith, vicars are pestered to heart attacks by their congregations demands and cannot have private lives.

Please post your views on this subject I don't mean just vicars but everyone whu gives something to the community.l

I am not sure where you live, that might help. I don't really hear about this kind of thing in the states. I mean sure people get beat up, but not high incidents of people in the "helping field". It sounds down right awful.

(edit) Thanks, so England. Do you have community watches? Here in the states people "patrol" in larger groups to keep the streets safe. And I am not sure what the police department is like there. I would be interested in hearing what other people do to keep thier communites safe...

I think that i would not want to be a Vicer if i was to be beaten up. I would just leave people alone. Its not your job to live peoples lives for them and buy them this and that out of goodness and get beaten up. It just is not worth it. I am sickened by this event of somebody helping another and getting beat up for it.

be careful doing this

some people live to help others if they cudnt they wud die inside and b miserable. Also the vicars children dnt choose their situation in life they hav to live wi it. Also these sort of people want to trust others and dnt want to have to live wi security fences alll around them.