Ok I have had this problem with my penis. I have had it since I started going through puberty. Along the shaft of my penis I have these small (pin head size) lumps underneath the skin. I am a very hygeinc person and sometimes they come and go. However I would say that even on a good day my penis is covered in them. I went to a sexual health clinic and the woman said that it was just over active sebacous glands and that there was nothing I could do about it. I refuse to believe this and am looking for someone who knows what this is. It is not an STD, it doesnt hurt or itch they are not red they just feel like hard lumps under the skin.

Thanks

Marcus

I don't really understand why you would not think the Dr. was right....just get a second opinion if you are concerned....but it is pretty clear, that is indeed sebaceous glands...

Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands : these are a normal part of the skin's anatomy and are commonly found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin. They will have a hair arising from them that reveals their true nature. They are quite normal.

link removed

My boyfriend used to get those on his testicles and the base of his penis and they really are nothing to worry about. You could try a very mild astringent soap and make to apply powder after you shower to keep as cool and dry as possible. It sounds like the doctor is spot on to me.

• 3 weeks later...

we've been together for a while now and he's a great guy, not circumsized and the head of his penis is really sensitive, the very top. as soon as it's touched by pretty much anything it hurts him. this creates a problem for blow jobs is this normal or should I force him to go see a doctor

worried, moona

• 2 weeks later...