Just Curious to what other people think

On my way to work this morning a woman called in on the radio to discuss how her husband refused to take her to his class reunion in October unless she lost the thirty pounds she had gained throughout their marriage and after having kids. I thought that marriage was through thick and thin and if you only married someone for the way they look maybe you shouldn't have gotten married. I personally hope that she loses the weight and then the husband. This woman was obviously upset over her husbands opinion. Just curious to what you guys might have to say

Why would any man worth anything say that to a woman, any woman, especially the one he's married to, and supposed to love. things like that happen all the time, and it makes me hate men. When I was with my ex, I told her she was beautiful, and meant it, no matter what she looked like. in fact, I think she gained 50 pounds while we were together, because I kept telling her she looked good. Frankly, she could have gained another 30, and I would have still loved her, and honestly told her she was beautiful.

Wow, like you said, the only weight she needs to lose is her husband. That is terrible. That would make me feel so angry and hurt. In the defense of men, I just heard a guy on the radio in the UK that his girlfriend won't marry him until he loses the 2 stone he gained since they started going out. So it's not just a guy thing. Ouch, I would not be able to stay with that person. I have had my ups and downs with my weight and my bf has been there through all of it, no matter what size I was and because of his support I have been able to lose 42lbs in 6mnths. Amazing what kind words will do and equally amazing how much the bad ones hurt. I hope she threw that fish back in the sea.