Ask For Advice

Thread: ex-girlfriend's birthday --what to do

flyguy08

ex-girlfriend's birthday --what to do

real quick question .. its my ex-girlfriend's b-day. We have dated on/off for the past two years... but for the past seven months we have been broken up. Two months ago, we began to "talk" again, but that fizzled out. It seems we go a month without talking, then we'll talk for 3 weeks, then back to not-talking. We both live in different states...but that's not a big issue. Right now, we are not speaking. I have not called her, and she has not called me. Just wondering, should I play hard to get (ie: no contact) or should I at least send her a card .. and see what happens.

Thanks

dreamingtree520

hey hope i can help

ummm currently im dating a girl in another state too. so its not as hard as people say it is. I would send her a card. It will definatly surprise her and then on the day of her birthday like early i would call her or something and be one of the first to wish her a happy bday. itll be surprising and youll make her smile. Good luck man. God Bless.

flyguy08
    with that said .. if I do call, would it be out of line to ask her to do something (like drive up and take her out to dinner) We're only 2 hours away. She has told me that she is "dating" .. but nothing serious. Would I be putting myself in a position to get hurt by asking (in case, she says no) and would that come accross as "too fast". Not being a challenge. Not sure on what, in all, I should do.

Card
    Card, Call, ask out for dinner
    Card, Call, ask out for a weekend night
    Card, Call, and just see what happens.

Any advice will help

flyguy08
    thanks, any other advice would help big time

sharkgirl
    I agree, a card is a lovely thing to do and a romantic way to say you're still there for her. Do it! Send the card.

pix6dix

If she's already told you she's "dating" then you are clearly out of line for expecting to drive up and expect something. If someone tells you that they're "dating" it means that they don't want to date YOU!! Just send a polite card and leave her alone. If she wants to date or see you, she'll contact you...HELLOOO????

Sholder
    I went through something like this. My ex and I broke up 2 months ago. We didn't know how to handle being broken up, and she started seeing someone else right away. So I just sent her a card and called her on her birthday. If you really want to meet up with her, I would leave that as a separate phone call. Make the card just to let her know you're thinking of her and wishing her a happy birthday.

BazookaMike
    If shes going to take the card the wrong way, don't send it... Oh wait, you really do want to show her you want her back.

Just move on.

ron123

Ex or Ex'??? Thats the question

Because of any reason, if u two are parted, u need to decide if u really want her back in your life..Does she worth it or do you really worth it...Can you to really made for each other...What if she loves someone else or you started loving someone else...What if you get some better girl in your life than her...

She must be still deeply inside you...But if you have really concluded at point of time that you should choose separate road in life, I will say, don't send any cards or flowers or even a text..Let her feel that you don't care for her and then only she would start loving someone else...And even you should move ahead in life...No need to stuck into it...

I got broke up 3.5 mnths back...rit before 2 weeks when she decided to marry someone else...And today is her bday...But i know im not gonna disturb those two today..

Top Threads
Pregnant but still In love with ex. What to do..
I fell out with the love of my life almost 1 year ago. In my grieving my ex who is also the father of my first child was there to mend my broken
My boyfriend's ex is harassing me
Hello. I really need some help bc I don't know what to do and I'm desperate. I have a situation with my boyfriend's ex. When we started dating he
My ex bf is very confusing, what are his intentions
My ex and I were official for 3 months. We broke up in September. He was enamored with me, and thinking long term. For my bday he gave me a card that
Can't let him go
My boyfriend of two years broke up with me about 2 months ago fairly out of the blue. He said that i was the right person and it was just the wrong
Why now?
I had fallen for a man 1 year ago who had manipulated me on several levels. He dump me after a significant gift I had purchased for him (met someone
Trying to get back with my ex-boyfriend
Back in 2010, I broke up with my boyfriend who was also a classmate from high school. We used to be really close and after the break up we
I dont know anymore
Long story short.. My child's father and I have been broken up for 2 years now.. We were together almost 6 years... He got into a hard spot about 6

valendtine's  day counseling
Featured Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
I am having difficulty accepting my boyfriends bisexuality for no reason
So here goes; the main reason why I got this account here is probably because I am so ashamed of myself and that because I am surrounded by either
relationship advice
hi... I'll start by saying i'm a guy, i just really needed a woman's point of view for this, so i hope you can help me! My mom is paying for my
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
I really need some advice and a outside opinion
I really don't know what to do ... My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year now she is no longer attracted to me but tells me she loves
Ask For Advice