for a couple years now,my mom has been getting upset with me and worrying over me going out with my friends. She doesn't want me to go anywhere. i've tried so hard to let her know i'd be ok. like today,i asked to go the THE MALL! just to hang out with a friend,and see the guy i really like when he's workin'....she wont let me do anything,ever. im getting so sick of staying home while everyone else gets to have fun. and i hate to say it but im starting to get very bitter towards my mom. she's keeping me too close but thats whats pushing me away from her. we fight alot and i can't seem to persuade her to let go,im not her baby anymore! i just want to have fun with my friends while im still young!

There's a reason you mother is holding tightly...did she make a mistake when she was young? Did she lose someone who was important to her and now she is scared to lose you too?

Talk to her and find out what it is. Slowly and patiently assure her that you will be fine. Take baby steps...and let her LEARN that you will be fine.

Understand and VALIDATE her worry, and she will come through it. Ignore or fight it and that only reassures her that you are not ready.

Its the difference between children communicating and adults communicating!

Good luck!