I have been broken up from my bf of 3 yrs for at least 2 months now and I am still depressed and can't shake the feeling of loneliness. My old friends are no longer there because I put them off for the entirety of our relationship, I try to keep busy but nothing works. I hate this! Any advice?

loneliness is a strange emotion and one that if we let it can take over our very being. You need to push yourself and contact one of those people that you used to be close to...and then if they don't reply you can at least think "well i tried"...

Too, I think a lot of loneliness comes from the fact that you have been part of someone else for however long, have thought of that person whenever you did things and considered them before just going ahead with stuff and its a strange thing to be on your own and not having to think of anyone but yourself even if you were the one to break up!

I think if your old friends don't respond to you, is there a sport or activity that you enjoy or is there a course that you could take up to go out and meet people?...or in my case I joined a agency for extra work and met some people through that way, but it is hard...and a long road to travel but each day will become easier and this time next you will feel different, this time next month will be better again...

You obviously have the ability to love and be loved and will do so again...but find your friends and keep them...

take care..*hugs*

if i were you i would go out to parties and oter places even if i dont want to ... i might end up meeting new friends..and i would also make a great efort to get back ta friends i lose... if you try to do things you like you might forget about ta feeling of loneliness also try to be around alot of ppl..remember tat loneliness is all in ta head... go out and party...hope you find a solution to your lonelinness and God bless