Fear of being lonely

tkdmask

I have alot of friends out there in school. I am 17. Good looking, wealthy family, nice car etc. I am also a very nice guy. Infact i am so nice that i try to please others. I let others walk all over me. I give them rides in my 2002 grand am se. I take them all over downtown at night and waste a tank of gas going where they want to go. They boss me around to much. they tell me what to do. for example. I told my friend sabir who is from east africa that i was to visit him at midnight. i did not. He waited for 2 hours then went to sleep. the next day he called me upset saying he did not want to talk to me any more. ( couple days ago i took him all over downtown like he wanted, and took him to work, then picked him up. I even gave him my bead necklace to wear and he broke it when he tried taking it off at night). I told him "forgive me,i am sorry i had no access to a phone at all." HE said, "if you want me to forgive you(as if i was a little kid) type up my lawsuit paper to mci worldcom ASAP!" (he is sueing mci world com). I have the looks and etc, i just dont know if i want to lose him or not because i want to spend the night at his house because my parents dont let me hang out with anyone. He lives in an 8 room house that is shared by an adult who owns it, and a couple of my friends. He is probably going to get kicked out for stealing their things which he was caught doing not to long ago. Everyone does not like him. He says he has women, and if i take him downtown we will get some that he knows. Well apparently no one likes him. And he does not have any evidence to sue mci and thinks he will get 1 million dollars for doing it. Should i hang on to this relationship or should i let go. And what in the hell can i do to prevent people from walking all over me, cause it happens alot. Some people want to buy my nice car off me for 1,000 dollars. others take things from my car without permission like money. others are persistent and end up letting me let them drive my car. That happened once and the guy had no license and sparked my engine for starting it to long, and tore my breaks, and floored the gas pedal in park, then shifted to reverse and squealed out of the lot barely missing an innocent old lady! he kept going though and would not get out of the car till he saw a cop. Help me.

sorry dude, your the only one that can help you! you are suffering from low self-esteem and this is making you a door matt. wake up! loose the baggage, dump the losers. Join a gym, take a night class, volenteer at local center, but get rid off these leeches. They will bring you down, they are users and dont know how to have good friends. As soon as the car stops and the rides ect,,, they wont bother you anymore.

good luck and be firm and tough.

Bill

Hey whats up,

I think its time to ditch those people that walk over you. Once you get into college you will make a whole new bunch of friends. I am assuming this is still in high school. But once everyone goes their separate ways, you hardly will talk to most of them, thats if you choose too. You should stand up for yourself, but in a non-aggressive matter. I was in the same situation as you, real nice, loan people money and what not. The worst were the "evil" girls using me. But in the end I just laughed about it, your 17 and got your whole entire life ahead.

Yes I know its hard in high school because its your "group" of friends but just know that after high school, the groups somewhat disband because the reason it stayed together was you were locked in school for 6+ hours and they were a familiar site to see. Like for me, after high school I only talk to about 5 of my close friends all the rest have taken off or dont talk to. You want true friends, not the ones that walk over you.

Dear tkdmask

you have posted this issue before in slightly different words. Others have tried to help you, and I have told you my intuition says you have a fear of being left alone. You pm-ed me it made sense, so I can only say, please read that answer again. It is all I can advise you.

I wish you the best of luck stopping to pay any attention to the 'friends' that are just parasites. They'll only make you miserable, drop them, even if that'll make you less popular. Just keeping a few true friends will make you much happier and confident.

~glassbell

• 7 years later...

You are lucky that you are still young. I am a 45 year old single, ugly female who is extremely lonely. I sit in my apartment all day long and an thinking about suicide. I don't understand this. I had lots of friends when I was young. I was happy then. No happiness now and only suicide seem peaceful to me now.

Archived