someome explain to me the point.

yeah, can't say i ever actually wanted to be alive, no particular reason, i'd just rather be dead, (really i wish i hadn't been born, but that's a little trickier to accomplish) anywho, i don't understand the problem so many people have with suicide.i mean i understand that someone would obviously miss a loved one if they died, but yoou should try to understand, that that's what that person wanted/needed.that person may feel they are a particularily selfish,ignorant,negative,unpleasant,etc. person, and don't want to be the one who's slowly but surely destroys not only themself, but the lifes of everyone they care about through their negativity etc.

i think when you're dead thats it, and whats wrong with that, if you're dead, you won't miss anyone, or be filled with any kind of regret,anger etc.

we all die, whether by ingesting a large amount of toxin in one go, or by slowly poisoning ourselves over many years.

i do not want pity/sympathy, save that for people who deserve it, i'm just wondering if i missed something.

I don't really see how you can have such a negative view on life. There is all sorts of things that you can do, and just because you are feeling depressed doesn't mean that you have to take it out on yourself. The whole concept of humanity is to survive. So why would you want to take the easy way out and kill yourself? Not that suicide is easy at all, it is just easier than actually handling your problems and fixing them. You do have a point about destroying the people around you, but there is a really simple way to not do that. Have a positive attitude. It seriously works wonders. It's your life, your decision.

A great quote from Lord of the Rings

Many that live deserve death. And many that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

i think my point was, why do some people have to solve there problems?

surely the world would be better off, without some of the organisms walking round in the guise of humans.

i've pretty much tried all you suggested, don't think my friends and family know i'm like this, to them i try to appear like a happy peerson, from past comments, i feel i have succeeded in this.it's just pretending to be happy all the time is so soul-crushingly tiring, physically.i can't keep up the pretence, and when i let it down i take out anger n she-At on them, im tired of doing that.

i'd rather neither them nor i feel like that.

(thanks for replying, you really are an exceptional person)

(sorry so much of the above sounds weird n creepy, maybe im just reading too many weird books)

First off, i'm not the most religious person in the world or anything. i don't even go to church. but u are on this earth becauce God put you here and he has a purpose for you. He does for everyone. but he also gave u free will. it's a sin to kill urself. And also, if u can't find happiness in anything that u do, find Jesus!!!! He will change ur life completely. it's amazing. even if u just get saved and read the bible every once in a while and try to live as God would want u to, u'd be a happier person. i believe that.

but that will be to ur disgression.

Yeah, I understand your argument.

The problem is that:

1) people grieve for themselves - they don't want to lose you

2) people see suicide as a comment that life isn't worth living which is true

3) people blame themelves when people commit suicide because they wonder if they could have done something more

There some important things you have to remember.

1) Feelings come and go. If you're feeling depressed and feel life is pointless, you have to remember that this feeling will not last. That is why suicide is so scary because people will make long reaching decisions based on a momentary feelings.

2) Suicide is defeating. There are things in life worth experiencing and you will never experience them if you decide to end it. Living is harder because living is ongoing and not easy.

i used to really believe that, i was completely super religious, did all the decades of the rosary couple times a day type thing, and that was a big reason why i didn't actually decide to go through with it, you know, god put me here, and god will take me away when im supposed to die, but i got to thinking about the whole third world thing, n' bout how many thousands of helpless children die in agony from starvation or disease, n i thought, surely at least one these children has more talent or potential than me, out of all those thousands, its impossible that i should live such a comfortable life, while they're in such pain.

i know that whole reasoning seems glib, but i was a lot younger then, i'm doing a lot better than i was, and im pretty sure i know what im letting myself in for.

(i know religions not all about hail marys n' stuff, at one point, i was just so into it i found purpose in saying 'our fathers' n' stuff)

Maybe you should let your parents know how you feel. It certainly helped me. I have had many philisophical questions throughout my life and many of them have to do with existence. I have found out that by talking to my parents about related subjects, everything becomes much easier. Also, if your parents don't know how you feel, maybe you should tell them. Since my mom is a almost-psychologist, I know a lot about interesting human reactions. Just like people are afraid to go to the doctor, and guys refuse to ask for directions when traveling, keeping your emotions closed from your family is incredibly common. Also, on the matter of reading to many "weird books" that is a good thing since you are a person in this world who actually seems to enjoy reading. I thought we were a dying breed! And by the way, thanks for calling me an exceptional person, it is the first compliment I have had in months.

thank you for your input, you certainly are an exceptional person(ha, see what i did there!) but i tain't gonna kill myself too soon, i have a cunning plan(i appear to be feeling better) anyways, ive already startd with the preparations, ive already cut off communications with some of my friends (people drift apart, it was a slow gradual process) n next year i plan to move out, n probably to another country pretty far away from any of my family, i've always kept to myself, they'll make the transition easily.

my mom has enough to worry about, without throwing me into the mix, you know, other siblings etc., and i have read a couple of psychology books in my day,(aparrently im culturally isolated, but what do i know?)

your concern and intrest is really touching, but im honestly a lot better than i used to be.

Moving out of the country is a pretty serious matter. Though the advice of a 14 year old is probably never the best, cutting off communication with your friends and family is also never very good. In any event, even if you do move, you shouldn't spring it on your family at the last minute, after all the preparations are made. Also, I doubt that your family will make the transition easily, and since they won't be able to communicate, they will feel like it was their fault that you left. Whatever your decision may be, I hope that you think it through very carefully

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing. - Theodore Roosevelt

You with out a doubt are suffering from depression. A simple chemical imbalance.....I assure you, even if you try a short trial of an anti-depressant and you will start to feel like a whole new you. At this point you will not in any circumstance be able to see the good. Just take the step and try it.

Thank you everyone, for your replies and intrest.

I would like to reiterate, that i am not depressed, i know people who are depressed, and i'm pretty sure i used to be depressed (no comparison to how i'm doing now), but i don't think anyone actually answered my question. I fear i may have become somewhat of an imbittered nihilist over the years, and i'm sorry bout my pessimstic attitude, but i just can't think any differently. I have tried many of your above suggestions, but i fear it's my way of thinking that has made me the person i am.

I don't think there is anything i can/will do to change my future plans, and i hope that none of you will place any unnecessary concern in my person.

i think i just posted that original message for some closure, and maybe because i was lonely, who can tell?

Anyway thanks a lot everyone.(Y'all have been more than courteous to me, you really are a nice bunch)

Okay ------, I will answer your question if you answer mine. Why did you post this? Don't give me the above answer either. It would appear that you are reaching out for help. Even if you don't want to believe it. You say you are a nihilist? Well I'm well versed in many forms of philosophy. Nietzsche, the father of nihilism would disagree with your preference for suicide. Suicide for him would be the weak mans way out.

I must say your post has intrigued me. I had to dig out some of my old books to answer this one. For the true nihilist you understand that the world is merely a random collection of repeating events no matter what you do, stuff will happen time and time again. However, Nietzsche said that you must rise up and become a dominating force, the super man. In his world there were two types of people. Those who serve and those who rule. The goal of every life is to gain as much power and influence as possible, suicide is in direct opposition to that goal. (according to Nietzsche)

You say your way of thinking has made you who you are? I agree, though I fear you do not understand one important thing. You control how you think.

See, you are not your mind. You are not your thoughts. You are not your ideas or beliefs. They may be yours, but they are not you. They are instruments you use.

You are missing the point? I don't think that's true at all. You get the point; you are just asking the wrong question. What is the real question you are asking? Why did you make this post? Can you answer my question?

I'm not trying to save you, or change your mindset. I'm merely challenging your convictions. Challenge mine.

P.S. What exactally are you sorry about?

I strongnly doubt I will answer your questions, because I have heard better advice that I can give myself and they don't seem to answer you.

I allowed myself to think pessimistic at times, I understand when you say that you are the way you are because the way you think and i was about to accept that until something that "crookster_man" said stood out to me..." You control how you think. See, you are not your mind. You are not your thoughts. You are not your ideas or beliefs. They may be yours, but they are not you. They are instruments you use. "Which made me realize that we think negatively because we allow ourselves. Us pessimistic people have found answers to our questions about life in a negative forms.

I don't know jack about philosophy but maybe if u look somewhere else for answers then you will find something more comforting. This world is a big place with things we have not discovered yet, maybe you will discover something that will help you.

I dont know if ive helped or made sense, but i tried

To start, i made my original post, because i was curious. You know those thoughts that swirl around in your head constantly, to the extent that they are quite normal to you but a little unhinging to others?

Yeah well i was wondering if i was alone in my thinking, apparently on ths board i am.

And i do agree with crookster_man, i know my thoughts are my own, im just happy to indulge them (sorry if im contadicting myself, im weird that way, but i still maintain my original sentiment). I know i am a weak person, lacking in character etc., i did not intend to be a nihilist, its just introspectively i seem to have a lot of nihilistic qualities.

I am content with my way of thinking, and i see no problem with anything i have said here. I have offered my view on life, and i still can't quite grasp why so many people are hung up on living long lives. It's not a major problem for me, but i would have liked if someone actually had some reasons why im apparently so flawed in my perception of the world.

I am just one person, i can only know whats it like to be me.

By nature i am submissive, i learned long ago, that we can nevr truly own anything, possessions are fleeting etc., and in the long run you must accept this, that your thoughts are not your own, ie. out of all the billions of people who have lived on this earth, the odds of someone stringing some words together and forming a completely original thought are minimal, if possible at all.

I think the reason why a lot of people most messages on boards like these is because they wish to discuss subjects in an open and honest fashion with people who will not inflict any kinds of false sympathies on them, and will just say what is needed to be said.

It appears to me, that everyone who has replied to my post, appears to be quite intelligent, i applaud you all! And on this note i must plead with you to pay me no more mind, as i am SURE that there are many people or problems that deperately require the attentions of individuals like yourselves

Thank you and goodnight.