Hello,

I have been with my man for 10 months and we have recently gone through a real sticky patch but seem to have come through stronger and happier...the thing is we have a sort of mutual friend or acquaitence, a girl, who flirts outrageously with my man. When I jokingly mentioned it to him, he said that he hadn't even noticed that she was doing this, and I believe him. The thing is do I just learn to ignore this girl or do I say something to her. If I was your girlfriend guys how would you like her to cope with this...I can be a little insecure and want to fight this but don't want to appear like the jealous girlfriend...

please help

Hi Sabena,

Thank you for coming to eNotalone.com for seeking advice again. I am pleased to read that you're getting along so well with your man. I understand that you feel a little bit jealous over what your mutual friend is doing with your man.

My suggestion is to brush it off your back. I don't think it would be wise to say something to your friend and the truth is your man can't help it that she is doing this to him. I would like the idea of my girlfriend whispering "help!" in my ear as signal of insecurity. What I would do is reassure her and make her feel special, so that she knows where the bear really sits... *grins*. But... that's just silly

I hope that this helped you on your way and wish you lots of luck, happiness and a bright future

~ SwingFox ~

I would be interested to know what you define flirting 'outrageously' as. Why I ask this is because you claim that your mutual friend is flirting outrageously with your b/f but he does not even notice. I think that you should just try to relax - it sounds like nothing more than a bit of harmless flirting between friends. I think saying something to your mutual friend should only happen if you believe that she has overstepped the mark (A level that you and your b/f have agreed to)

You have come through some difficult times so something like this should be a walk in the park... 0X