Trustworthy?

So theres this girl that I've known for about 2 months and we started to date about a week ago. We have spent every night together since then (nothing sexual mind you). We both agree that we would like to have a relationship but at the moment should just date. I have never actually dated anyone, I usally skip right into the relationship. So I decided to try it out.

Anyways, last night we both went to a party together and she got smashed. Her ex bf shows up and to make a long story short I end up leaving and they went off and did their thing. Now she told me not to worry about this guy when we were talking before. So now I'm pretty upset cause I had a lot in common with this girl and I got pushed away in an evening by her ex.

Then tonight rolls around and I log on to MSN and she starts talkin to me. She says she really likes what we have but she didnt think I would get upset cause we were only "dating" I told her how hurt I was and she apologized. So now she wants to keep dating and I told her I didnt want to unless we were dating exclusivly(sp?) Any ways she agrees and things are for the most part ok. We have plans for tomorrow night.

I find myself being paranoid and a bit untrusting of her. Before we got offline I did ask her a couple times if she was positivly sure this is what she wanted, she said yes. She also did say she would talk to her ex and get him to understand the situation, but also said that I shouldnt get upset if they wanted to hang out. I've been burned pretty badly in the past by stuff like this...Anyone have any advice about this? I really want to believe her but I'm not sure where to start. How should I conduct myself tonight? Any help would be welcome. Thanks in advance! -RedWolf-

proceed with caution she probably still has feelings towards her ex. Most girls want to remain friends with thier past bf's so it could be harmless however since she took off in front of your face like that you need to explain that this is not cool. She wants to date hmmm.. that sounds like dating you and possiblly someone else. She sounds like she is not intrested in a ltr so I would prepare yourself for the possiblity of her running off with soemone else or hooking up on the side. Just protect yourself but dont coem accross as jealous or controlling towards her. Hope it works out.

well, i myself have been in this situation as a girl. I broke up with my exboyfriend and i went to find comfort in a nice guy. And i said i didnt want anything serious (just in case the opportunity to run off with my ex would come up) then i could use the excuse of just "dating". I have trust issues with men myself so I'm a bit bias. I think u should give her another chance if she promises to be only with you in the relationship. But if you keep having a doubt, then u obviously don't trust her. Im sure she can still be friends with her exboyfriend, but if they like talk 24/7 on the phone, or like hang out all the time, then that's just weird and definitely not trustworthy if she's trying to prove herself to you. I don't know. I think you should definitely take caution and keep your eyes open.

Good Luck

Cristy