I finally got the courage to ask out a guy for the first time.We work together, he at one office, me at another. We run into each other occationally at different functions. I think there's chemistry, however because this is the first date I've been on since ending a very long relationship, I can't seem to determine if a guy is just being friendly or if he is attracted to me. He agreed to the date however, he was concerned about the date being appropriated considering we work for the same company. Is it? I have grown to really like this guy.

Hi smilely,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to us for seeking advice. I am pleased to read that you get along so well with your co-worker. I understand that you're not sure about wether he likes you and that you have a question wether it is appropriate what you're doing.

To answer your second question first: it might be a good idea to think of the consequences ahead, in case this guy doesn't work out. Especially when you have been somewhat longer with him, it might create an awkward situation at work when you guys decide to break up. I am assuming that you are working on the same level and that he is not your boss or your worker. I find those relationship inappropriate.

The answer to your first question is: find out as soon as you feel comfortable with the situation. Go out with him on that date and see if there's chemistry.

I hope that this answered your question and I wish you good luck

~ SwingFox ~

I may be able to shed some light on this. I have dated 2 guys over the last 2 1/2 years in my office. Both of which did not work out. The last guy was a manager and I was below him and trust me it is never a good idea. If it is a well know company you work for they are bound to have policies or unspoken rules regarding dating at work. Also it is hard if you fall for a person if it doesnt work out as you have to see them every day and at for example a Christmas party there is that awkwardness of being polite in front of their date! I know it isn't the greatest answer/advice however steer clear or at least talk it out in great detail before you get involved and definitely think of what could happen. I regret it. The last one broke up with me as his manager told him it could potentially damage his career to mix business with pleasure. Well that was part of the reason! And who wants to see someone every day at work and outside of work. It's too much. Hope this helps.