What age would it be ok to lose your virginity becuase my friends 12 and he almost lost it.

Hey its me again, there is no age in particular, u just gotta wait til it feels right, I was 15,but that was my choice, altho I think 12 is to young, u gotta wait til ur comfortable with sum1, and sure its right.

Virginity is not age based, but rather should be self-awareness based. Dont lose it cause shes a hot girl and you might never have the chance, you will. Almost everyone who is a virgin is so out of choice, not becaus of options. You will have the chance, probably more than once to lose it. Ask yourself if you are in love, I lost mine at 16 and I thought I was. I ended up with the girl for 5 years, but I should have waited a while, because I wasn't ready. Make sure you yourself are ready, and ignore all the peer pressure form friends or even the girl. Virginity is something you own, a gift that can only be given once. Make sure the person you give it to is someone who will always be special to you.

Hello Shy Boy,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to us for seeking advice. I understand that you'd like to know when the best age is to loose virginity.

There is no specific age. The other two posts are right about that. I want you to know, though that a whole lot of people regret it, loosing their virginity too soon/too young. Wait till YOU think you're ready and not till someone tells you, you're ready. Be sure that it is really something YOU want. Here's some more lecturing. I can't stress this enough: use protection if you are planning to loose your virginity and later on, too!

Good luck

~ SwingFox ~

I agree w/pimpcess and AlphaOmega.

12 is too young to know what you want and you will end up regretting it no matter who you are, but some people might be ready and 15, others not ready by 20. So for that part, it is self-based and knowing how you feel about it. Don't just do itb/c you think it would be cool and all that, wait until you are in love and then you will know you are ready.

Always,

-SC03

Don't rush it. Let your sexuality develop at its own pace. Most guys out there, and especially young guys, think sex is just a physical act to just do TO someone, instead of WITH them, because they just jump in without really appreciating the girl they're with. They may not be picky enough on the type or qualities of the girls they are with. This leaves the girls and even the guys feeling very unsatisfied.

Better to learn to appreciate every little thing about a girl first, and really enjoy them. Start with kissing, and really enjoy it. Just gradually move on. I lost my virginity at 20, which is obviously late, but I had been very intimate with girls since I was 14. Far from stunting my growth, this gradual and natural approach made me far better, or so they say.

Well studies are showing that children are growing up much faster then before. Not only maturing sexually faster (which could be due to chemicals in the fod as well) but psychologically. Self awareness is also a factor stressed by many families nowadays (god I haven't heard that expression in a while).

I wouldn't doubt if there is a rare case every now and again that a 12 year old is ready to lose their virginity, but there is no reason to rush it. You have to be careful, as it's a gift you can only give once. You want it to be with someone very special to you as you will become deeply attached to them. Very deeply. Your view on life and sex will change drastically.

Virginity is not an issue to be taken lightly, it's something that can be different for everyone but in essense it is the last strand of innocence most people have left.

Do some serious thinking before you decide what to do.

Hope this helps.

..........well Let Me Tell You This, I'm Still 22 And Have Mine, And Proud Of It. I Get Alot Of People Who Tell Me After I Tell Them I'm Still A Virgin. That They Wish They Still Had There's..everything Else In Between Iv 'e Done, But Going All The Way I Wont Touch Down Cause I Feel Like It's Not My Time Yet. Or That The Person Isn't That Special Someone. I Had 2 G/f/ Break Up Cause Of No Sex. It Was To Early In The Relationship. And They Fully Understood That. So We Both Had A Mutual Agreement Into Going Are Own Ways. While I Was 20 And She Was 19 She Had More Experience With Past Relationships, And She Had Lost Her Virginity At Age 16 To A Boy Friend. So I Guess It Says Alot To First Think About When Your Time Should Be.

Hey dude. I lost my virginity when I was 17. I'm 18 now. I lost it to some skanky slut I had only known for two days and I'm glad I didnt get an std or something. we basically went in a room, took of our clothes and went at it. I felt absolutley nothing for her, absolutley no intimacy whatsoever. I wasnt even close to ejaculating. It is something I still regret and wish I couldve lost it to a girl I felt a bit more of an emotional connection with. the age of twelve is way to young to really understand what love and intimacy really are. Hell, i doubt your friend can even ejaculate yet.

Hope that helped.