relationship has gone from bad to worse

I am a 26 year old male. I've been in this relationship for a few years. my ex-girlfriend is 21. she is lazy and refuses to get a job. I finally got sick of her, and one day i asked her to leave. she came back and wanted to still hang out and be friends. so for about 2 months she would come by once a week to hang out and have sex.about a week ago she said that we needed to talk about us. she said that she had met someone else. I told her that she should persue this fellow because things were not working out between us. she spent the night and we had sex again. two days later i was invited to a birthday party. she was there with her new friend. i was cool, because we had been together for a long time and it just didn't work out. i spoke to her on the phone the next day and she told me that she had done something crazy. she got really drunk at the party and left with a guy that she didn't know. she said that she doesn't remember much about it. i am really digusted by this. two days later she spends the night and we have sex again. the next day i took her and her friend to the park to hang out and her new friend came along. later we came back to my house and she hung all over him. her friend later told her that she was being disrespectful to me in my house and that it wasn't cool to hang on him in my house. I am so confused. i can't sleep or eat. iguess im just jealous. i know that i need to get over her. she has done nothing but cause trouble for me. my friends tell me that i could do better.i want to remain friends and not be the jealous ex. however, it's not that easy. should i tell her that i never want to see her again? or should i just let go and try to be friends? im am so confused!

She sounds like she needs to grow up, get a job, and participate more in the real world before you consider going out with her again.

As for you having sex with her all the time even though you say it's over between you and her....The sex may be good.. but if she's going home with guys she doesn't even know, then you're having sex with the those men also so watchout for herpes, genital warts, syphilis, AIDS, and HIV if you continue to have sex with her. The sex can't be THAT good, right? Plus the sex with you might be confusing her more.

If I had any respect for myself, I would cut off all contact with her for awhile. Give her some time to grow up. There's a big difference between a 21 year old and a 24 and 26 year old. Can you honestly say you were the same person you were at 21 that you are now at 26? A lot of growing up happens in that time span. If she calls, hang up. If she's at a party that you go to, go home or find something else to do. Right now, she doesn't seem to be worth much. Give her a clear message you don't want to be with her because she disrespects you and herself with her behavior. When she finds some respect for herself and rebuilds her self-esteem then she'll be worth a lot more.

Sorry to sound harsh...

thank you for helping make my decision. I hung out with her friends last night. she called one of them and wanted to talk to me but i refused. she called me a dick! she is so selfish, she doesn't think about how her actions affect other people. one of her friends told me that they had been fighting about how she has been acting lately. anyway her friend told me that she is on my side. thanks