Why do younger women like older men?

I have a question. Why are younger women, particularly age 16-23 attracted to older men? I am 24, my ex girlfriend who is 20 left me for a guy who is 30. She used to date him when she was 16 and he was 26, until he cheated on her. She has lots of issues with her father, do you think she is looking for a "father figure" in this 30 year old guy? I see lots of similarities between him and her father. They both treat her like crap, always fighting and cussing, then making up, and then all over again, and I think she likes it. Her father does the exact same thing, she never sees him and they always fight. I never could treat her bad, I could only treat her with respect, unlike her father and this new guy. So does family upbringing play a part in this "younger women, older man" stuff? What makes women attracted to older men? In her case I can only come to the father figure conclusion. Why would she want a guy like me, who is nice and respectful, totally opposite than her father. I've always heard girls look for a guy like their father. I would welcome a females perspective on this also. I am over her, but I am just looking out for myself so I don't get hurt next time around. Any opinions? Thanks!

Later,

Cobro

i'm 21/f usually I go for guys who are 20-27, i'm not too picky about age but any younger than 20 would be just too close to my younger brother's age, it would be weird dating a guy who is the same age as my brother. usually i go older for maturity reasons i go more for maturity than age though

its not the age alot of the time, but the maturity for the most part. however, i find a 16 yr old with a 26 yr old rather gross. i tihnk that could be some past and emotional problems with her, and how she was brought up. most girls i have seen that are with older guys, usually find a sense of security in them, but it never lasts. they are usually scared of change and scared of the future, and they think if they have an older guy, he will take care of her. As far as i know, that is the only reason i can tell you.

Well, I've Heard This Many Times In My Life That "yes, Women Are drawn Too Older Men." I Guess It Has Many Different Reasons Why Father Figure Like You Said. Or Older Men Seem To Be More Mature, More Oriented Then Younger Generation Men. But More In Depth I Believe If A Women Choices To Be With A Older Man. Than It Should Be Someone That They Feel Like They Can Trust. Unconditional Love For Each Other. Everyone Says Age Doesn't Matter..well What About A 16 Yr Old And A 25 Yr Old Is That Bad. Would That Be Considered "robbing The Cradle" Depending On Certain Laws In Different States, And Or Parents Directly Involved. Most People Would Say It's Not The Best Thing For The Girl Who Would Be 16 To Be Dating A 25 Yr Old Man.? Everyone Has There Opinion And Is In titled To Express It. With Out Discrepancy From Others. So An Untouched/stagnant Question Is Raised. No One Really Has The Right Answers On The Whole Age Thing. Nor Do They Know Why Women Date Older Men. I Guess The Only Way Too Know Is To Ask.... Ask Her Why Is She So Interested To Older Men. It Might Be Because They Went Out Before. And The Re-kindling Effect Ran Its Course. Not Sure Why But That Might Be The Safest Thing For Me Too Say.

yeah i got one.................stop chassing younger girls!!....unless in a case of exception of course.

But you're still young, so don't let those f*cked up girls trouble your mind young jedi. Leave them, and turn the page! Don't try to understand everything.

WickedMaster

girls like mature guys that they feel safe with. i dated a guy that was 21 when i was 14. i found a sense of security with him. i also knew that in the future he could take care of me financially. it didnt work out becaseu he was way more experienced than me. (way more!) i guess in a way i didnt like the change too much.