I can't take it anymore

About a year ago my parents divorced. My dad gained full custody of me and since then my whole life has changed. When my parents were married, there was no violence in the house. Since the divorce my dad has been really depressed. And of course I can see why I am too. He's been going out almost every other night and been getting drunk. He comes home and abuses me. Sometimes he'll push me down the stairs.. or hit me, or leave a bruise... I just can't take it anymore. It's been going on for a year now... and I don't know what to do. I'm afraid to tell anyone I know... or call a help line.. in fear of my dad. As I type this, my dad's at the bar with his friends. I don't want him to come home. I never know just what he'll do next.

First off, you are a strong young lady, and care deeply about your father. Having said that.. as to not steer you in the wrong direction, please do call a hotline, most are confidential and can help you find the right information needed for you to make a safe decision. It is important that you strive to find yourself in a new situation. Abuse can carry such scars that can effect how you feel about yourself , and your relationships in the future. Regardless of how you're depressed your dad is, he has no right to hurt you. You have a right to be free from harm.

You're dad needs help, and its important that you do in fact tell someone, or he may never get any…I have a feeling he does not want to live this way either.

First off, you don't have to take it. No one, no matter who they are, has any right to abuse another human being. Tell someone you can trust. Either your mother, a teacher, another parent or even a cop. If you're afraid of him hurting you or him getting in trouble, tell someone you can trust will be careful and sensitive to the situation. I suggest someone who has enough sense to see the larger picture like a counsellor or someone who knows your dad, doesn't hate him and respects you. You want to solve the problem without causing you more grief in the solution.

I'm a guy and I'm bigger than my dad so he doesn't physically abuse me. But mentally, he makes me feel like shit. He makes me feel worthless and that I can't suceed in life unless I change. I hate him so much.

Hello alwaysdizzy,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to us for seeking advice. I am deeply touched by your problem and I can't even start to imagine how you feel. I understand that your father abuses you after alcohol abuse. I am very sorry that you are in this situation.

I understand that you love your father and that you want to protect him, but the truth is that he DOES need help as YOU do. You live in fear all the time and you fear him coming home after going home. How much I regret to give you this advice, you NEED to get help or this abuse will leave very, very deep scarves within you. On later age, you might never trust any guy and the slightest thing a guy might do to you will upset you big time. Don't get me wrong: I understand that you don't want to get your father in trouble, but this is also about you and your future.

My advice thereforeeeeee is: please, get professional help. Start slow if you want to, by just calling the hotlines and ask them for advice. They are there to help you and assist you. Listen to their advice and what they have to say. Tell them that you don't want your dad to get into trouble, but you DO want to have this situation solved.

I hope that this helps you on your way and I wish you luck and strength. If I can do more for you, please let me know. Feel free to add me to you MSN (swingfox@msn.com) or yahoo (swingfox03).

~ SwingFox ~

• 4 weeks later...

I HAVE BEEN IN YOUR SHOES BEFORE. EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE CAN BE SCARY AND LIFE THREATING. BUT HERE IS THE HARD PART...

YOU LOVE YOUR DAD AND YOU DONT WANT TO HURT HIM... BUT HE IS BEGGING FOR YOUR HELP. YOU NEED TO GET HELP AND GET OUT OF THE SITUATION... SO THEN YOU CAN BE STRONGER WITH OTHERS BEHIND YOU BECAUSE YOUR FATHER NEEDS YOU.

FIGHT FOR YOURSELF THEN FOR OTHERS.

BELIEVE ME I KNOW.

LOL

GOOD LUCK SWEETIE AND IF YOU EVER NEED TO CHAT MY EMAIL AND IM'S ARE IN MY PROFILE

JESSICA

a great phone hotline is 1800SUICIDE. THEY DONT ONLY HELP WITH SUICIDE THEY HELPED ME THROUGH IT.

GOOD LUCK