My Ex needs help, I want to support her. Seeking advice

Hi everyone,

My ex is going back to her previous boyfriend out of guilt. She is very negative about herself and says "I wish I could just die" sometimes. She would rather risk her happiness to be with him even if she does not love him. As long as he is happy with her, she will accept it. I was told that she needs to discover and love herself first before she can find what she really wants. I know I am not with her any longer but would like to help still. Would anyone know any sources that can help people learn to discover him or herself. I don't know where I can start to help her. Thank you

Tylor

has she asked you for help? If not than your support can only be with kind words, and an open ear. Maybe after time, and she comes to you for help then you can suggest she get some outside assistance/therapy.

There are tons of books on self-image...but unless she asks Its not really ideal for you to hand her informational materials! I support my ex with many things, I do so by just offering to always be here.

segagirl,

My ex has not asked for help. I don't think she even realize she needs help. That is the difficult part and I don't want to upset her by bringing it up. I guess the best I can do now is to be there for her.

Thank you