i split up from my ex girlfriend 4 weeks ago. We had been going out for 3 1/2 years. We are great together best mates etc. But over the last few months we started taking each other for granted and not doing enough things together etc...anyway we have had quite alot of contact since the split as were best mates. But last nite i said i can't handle this as i want to get back together. She says she doesn't want to yet as she needs to be on her own. Which is fair enough but she keeps saying that she is 100% sure we will get back together one day. What should i do i know i shouldn't wait for her but its hard not to when she says this!!

we still love each other,. find each over attractive....it just doesn't make sense...theres no one else involved...im 4 years older than her and i just feel perhaps she is a little immature shes 21.

Help as i don't understand whats going on now!!!

Why does there have to be some sort of closure on the issue? A woman, from my experience, will not tell you straight up its over. Sometimes you just have to ignore the talk, move on and start seeing other people.

It may be one day she wants you back...but for your sanity, ignore her words on the subject and move on. Remember, actions speak louder than words. Words to live by when trying to read a woman.