Sex with EX

Hi everyone,

My g/f and I broke up some time ago (about a month or so) and we still keep in contact and talk but have on a number of occasions had sex and/or other sexual activity. I know this makes it harder to get over her, but it makes me feel close to her and makes me feel as though she still has feelings for me.

Should I stop seeing her completely so as to stop all of this happening? Because I know that if she were to meet someone and all this were to stop, it would be hard (as it would be like going from a highly intimate relationship, though we are not together, to one where it would be "off-limits" to touch her)

We both just get the "urge" and it just happens. Then afterwards we always say it's not right, we shouldn't do it, etc, but it keeps happening. What should I do?

You need to stay away from her. This kind of relationship is not good for you at all cause in the long run you will end up in serious pain. Don't mistake the fact that she has sex with you means she's interested in a serious relationship with you. Sorry if that was a little crude but it's very true.

You'll find someone better.

let me relate to u for a sec..........sex wit the ex is the best.........THE best!..........but only because u know it is bad for you, and u feel like u still got ehr where u want her........and unfortunately this is unhealthy..........leave ehr alone, dont hit on her........dont try and hit it, just see what happens if u dont pursue, see if she still wants u, and if she is trying to have sex with you..........then try and talk things out with her........cause there could possibly still be something there................but 8 times out of 10, sex with the ex is just because it is comfortable, it is normal, and neither one of yall want to think of each other with someone else, so.....hell, why not sleep together!!!!......hahahaha.........right!.........wrong, stop it and see what happens..........1

Hey! I Definitely do not recommend sleeping with you ex. I have done this more than a few times the last 9 months or so on and off. And it got us no where.. we have just been suck into that same pattern over and over again= well he aint gonna say he dont want it anymore because he has the best of both worlds--but sooner or later someone has to step up and say lets stop this. I know its hard because you want to hang with your ex, chill with them and feel as though you can be in each others lives..but honestly, you won't be able to keep your hands off each other. There are probably still some lingering feeligns left between you too. And eventually you mite just be stuck on your ex for a long time, if you 2 keep having sex..You may never meet someone else and move on with her.. So i just really think you should stop now, and take a while apart before it is too late and you cant let go at all.

luvsick 41,

Yeah you're right - it's "right" for all those reasons, but wrong in so many more ways.

Do you think I should just avoid seeing her altogether or see her but not have any initmate contact?

Even if we see each other and don't have sex, we always seem to hug and hold each other a lot ( I guess the comfortability factor, vs doing that with someone who was just a friend), lie on the couch watching TV or whatever, sometimes even hold hands etc when out, EVEN though we are not together. Are these things bad as well?

Am I just holding on to what we had in the past? Should I stop all physical contact completely?

I know its hard because you want to hang with your ex, chill with them and feel as though you can be in each others lives..but honestly, you won't be able to keep your hands off each other.

I know what you mean, but with my ex-ex G/f, we never had this happen and although we did not talk or see each other for a while, we are now very close friends (no sex or physical contact though).

So you think just leave it? Not see her anymore - because you are right, we can't keep our hands off each other and I guess it's the discipline (for lack of a better word?) to either resist or just not see her at all.

hey= well i can answer your question.. But can you give me just a little more details abotu you 2. Like who broke up with who? How old guys are? and whether you broke up for a real reason? and if ether of you has any other interests in other people.. I can give you advice from my own bad judgement in the past...Just lemme kno wat happened a little more.. THANKS

hey= well i can answer your question.. But can you give me just a little more details abotu you 2. Like who broke up with who? How old guys are? and whether you broke up for a real reason? and if ether of you has any other interests in other people.. I can give you advice from my own bad judgement in the past...Just lemme kno wat happened a little more.. THANKS

Well, I am 20, my g/f is 18. We broke up "mutually" because we had been together for 2+ years and it just didn't seem to be "working", but we still had/have (?) strong feelings for each other but I guess we decided it was best in our heads, even though our hearts said otherwise.

I don't think she is interested in anyone else, she says she is not looking (and I believe her) BUT she is very attractive/flirty/outgoing and a lot of guys like HER and sooner or later it will happen.....

Me I'm not really interested in anyone else - thinking about her too much and whether it was a mistake that we broke up. I guess the sex thing is, well..."comforting" in the fact that it makes me feel like she wants me back, even though that is probably not the case and that it is purely a physical thing, even though we still have strong feelings for each other.

Don't do it! I did it with my ex and got pregnant. We got back together after the baby was born and I remembered why I couldn't be with him so I left again. We kept seeing each other until one day I found out that he was living with another woman. They got married 6 weeks after the last time I was with him!!!!!