This post is about my friend (no, really, it is). He has liked a girl since 3rd grade. She is now going out with a person that he doesnt particulary like. I want to know if her should just give up on her and move on or stick with liking her and continue to get his heart broken??

Thanks

I've been through this......and I seriously advise him to give up. Giving up on someone takes a lot of time...and its easy to give up on giving up when this person becomes avalible again... He's only going to end up heart broken in the end...

In my own personal experience, I used to have the biggest crush on this guy - that I've known since grade school.....and I used to always hope that someday he would be mine, and so, grade school and middle school went by with no luck... and then I moved about 30 minutes away and attended a different school... Five years past and I still had hope that one day.....he'd be with me... and then I saw him one day at while I was working, and it was as if time had somehow changed my over idealistic view of him... his girlfriend was pregnant, and he was handing me an invitation to his wedding.... Hope this doesn't happen to your friend...but seriously, I think it's time for him to get past this infatuation he has for this girl.

• 1 month later...

I dunno if giving up is quite the right word here, but I think he should definitely learn to focus on other things. I think everyone has had that one person they wish they could be with...and the end result is never known. the advice that I'd tell him is this: go and live life...open your possibilities, don't give up, but don't count on it either..if it's meant to be it will be.

I've been there...and all I can say is it isn't worth focusing on one person, but it's never a good idea to eliminate anybody.