troubles with anarexia

Hi, I am at a loss of what to do, and how to feel. Let me just give the facts.

I don't have anarexia, and I am currently trying to loose weight, in order to get to a healthy weight. But my roommate is anarexic. Here I am eating healthy, and sparingly, and very excited as I see the pounds go away. But my roommate, wants to see the same thing for herself. And she doesn't need it... i fear that if she looses anymore weight that we'll have to bring her to the hospital. I have tried to help her, to get people who can help her, but to no avail. I know, that she has to make the first move when she is ready to get help.

What I am having trouble with is the conflicting messages that I am sending her. It's ok for me to loose the weight... but not for her. It's almost scary just how similar our thoughts are in respects to loosing weight. Only in me it is healthy, and in her it isn't.

I don't know what to do.

And I am scared that I will end up like her. I don't want that. I just want to be healthy. Who's to say that the thing that pushed her over the edge, won't push me too?

Anorexia is a specific thing that happens to certain personality types, and I sense that you wouldn't be here on this sight if you had anything unhealthy going on inside you.

There is a BIG difference between someone who wants to lose weight verses someone who is slowly starving themself to death.

Let me state it another way, so there is no confusion, if you go from 160 lbs to 140 lbs, you will be losing considerable body fat and will be able to exercise more effectively and so on!

If she is going from 105 to 70 or 85, she is seriously comprimising her health. You need to talk to her parents and let others know what you think she is doing.

I had anorexia and as much as I hate to admitt it, If my parents didn't drag me to hospital and make me stay there for two months , I wouldn't be alive today.

If you really care for your friend (like you do by saying 'she will get help when she wants to') then drag her by her hair to the hospital and have her admitted because she will lose control and end up dying.

• 2 months later...

Your roommate reminds me so much of myself. I'm 15 years old and I'm in the 'Beginning' stages of anorexia I guess you could call it. I myself go a whole day only eating maybe.. One of the very small lunch size bag of chips at school for lunch.. Thats all. and I'm afraid that if I continue I will end up like some of the other girls and in the hospital. But I myself am like your roommate and am one of those girls who doesn't NEED to loose weight at all!! But I feel bad about myself and down a lot because I don't get as many boyfriends as oh say.. the cheerleaders! I always believe that it has to do with my weight.. even tho I'm 15 and weigh 105 when most my age are like 130! But I don't know about your roommate but I do it because it makes me feel better about myself and makes me happier even though I know that I should never have to resort to not eating to make me happier, But it does! So i I were you I would inform somebody of your friends problem, I myself have decided to do that and I have told someone already and am seeking help - But it's so hard to eat now! When I do eat i'm sitting there thinkin, Why am I eating anything at all today! I shouldn't be eating! So you should help your friend out as much as you can - My friends haven't really been very supportive of me and it hasn't helped me at all. So I'm having a lot of trouble changing my eating habbits - So help her out!! And inform her parents as one of my friends did.

• 5 weeks later...

This may be a shock to a lot of you guys/girls..

I am actually pretty far into becoming Anarexic.Sad thing is I know it and I actually want to go through with it.Well a great part of me does want it to keep going on but a small part of me wants it to stop.

The Other day I began coming like this... I got kinda bad one day to the point where I only had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and halfa pickle for dinner....Pickle was about 7 calories, cereal was probably 50..

By the way, I am not a girl... I am a guy..I am 18years old..

I haven't worked out recently because I have been depressed but I will start soon again.

I was actually not that bad with my anarexia, but I pretty much wouldn't allow myself to intake more than 200 or 250 calories a day.Now after a huge fight with my dad, his gf, and then my Gf just ended it last night telling me she's going back to her X.. Which pretty much broke my heart into pieces ( I got wayyyy too attached in a short amount of time ).

Anyway,now I have pretty much began the trend... I haven't eaten since last night...

Edit - my friend is over here and she just talked to me about how she used to be anorexic.. Well heres something interesting.. I weighed about 165 saturday or friday.. i just weighed myself, 160.. I am 6'2 and have a decent amount of muscle..Imo