Hi

I work in a non profitable organisation as a software test analyst. My organisation sucks. There is no team spirit. Management does not want to pay well. The external consultant is going sucking money from our company. We know how they are but the upper managment won't listen. Most of them are not fit to be in their post becuase they are not qualified. The GM are allworthless. Most of the employees are here in the organisation for 10 years +.

I am sick and tired of this job. The problem is there are no jobs in the market. In this organisation managers always ready to show off on their surbonites. Ancient working culture, this company shows all the sign of a SICK COMPANY.

These managers spend so much money on the external contracts that they do not give proper increament.

Does anybody works any place which resemble like this.

I am so fustrated, I have done Masters of computing (IT) from a recognise univeristy and whatI am doing testing software. Quality is the last thing our company knows, so now you can think how irrelevant my position is.

It is affecting my personal life too,I have become more pessmisitic and somekind of self boredom has set in.

Maby you should bring the union or the better business berau into it to try to improve the conditions. There has to be some organization that can help you. Maby the department of labor would know of one.

Just remember it's not what it is that counts, it's what you make of it. So play a game with yourself, try to find a way to make it fun. Try to have a positive attitude.(oh great, now i'm starting to sound like Richard Simmons) Good luck!

Hi Amunrah

I can identify with your situation 100%. When I graduated from college (I am a Software Developer) jobs were so scarce I had to look for a job for about 6 months. The job I found was by no means great, top management was earning a fortune, driving the latests cars, you get the picture. I stayed there for 2 years, did not get 1 raise in salary and was eventually retrenched

Then I had to find another job and the job I found was as bad, if not worse. The salary was slightly better, however management was a bunch of loud, arrogant, self-important individuals who saw every employee as replaceable and needless to say no-one that worked there was happy. This job affected me so much and everyone could see how unhappy I was.

Well eventually I found a new job a year later, with better conditions, pay, attitude, etc.

The point I want to make is that your first few jobs (I'd say for at least the first 2-3 years) are for experience, hence the dull pay and conditions.

You have to try to gain what experience you can and just keep looking for a new job - that is simply how the IT industry works. In my country there are also very few jobs on the market - so you are not even in a position where you can choose. All I can say is I know it is unpleasant, but you have to look at it as a learning experience because after all you are not going to work there for the rest of your life...

Good luck and send me a message if you need anymore advice...

0X