was i wrong in relaying this info.

Ok, here is the situation. (I hope this topic is ok for this forum)

At school, an upper classmen student told me that there was a girl in my class that borrowed some notes from her. She asked me if the girl was copying and selling her notes (which is a big no-no at the school). At the time I didn't know, but she told me to let her know, because she worked really hard on those notes and thought it was unfair that this girl was making a profit off of these notes. She also didn't want the girl to get in trouble with the school. Yesterday, the girl in my class announced to our class that she was selling the notes after all. I let the upperclassman what the deal was, but told her at the same time I wasn't 100% sure because I could have heard wrong (eventhough I didn't). Today, from what I could tell she was angry at the girl, and told her that she had a problem with what she did. Was I wrong in saying anything? I was just relaying the info she asked for, because i was trying to help. It wasn't like the girl in my class told just me or told only a small group of people. If this was situation were someone was asking me if another perosn was talking trash about them, I wouldn't tell the person asking me anything, because that seems more personal. But this seems like a different scenario all together. I hope i didn't do anything bad.

unfortunatelly i think it would have been best to have just gone to school authorities, but i know how difficult it can be ratting someone out. with that in mind i would say you played it good. you didnt directly do anything wrong to concur with what was happening. next time, save yourself the trouble and either ignore it totally and zone out or just tell a assistant principal

hope this helped a little

What you are is a nark, and you played it completely wrong. If i was the person selling the notes id punch you right in the face because you just completely ruined a profitable action, as well as someones reputation.

How did I ruin her rep, when she was basically selling the other girls hard work? First off, the girl selling the notes told the whole class which consisted of about 50 people that she was selling these notes for x amount of dollars. Secondly, the other girl was concerned about not only herself, but the other girl getting in trouble. Maybe I should have stayed out of it, but I thought I was doing the right thing.