question about listening to yourself

ive a question...

why do people often not listen to their own insights about themselves and human nature? i ask becuase since my boyfriend broke up with me, i have always felt it was becuase he had allowed himself to get freaked out by being in a relationship. anyhow, we were chatting recently and he let me in on a secret: he has a live journal. so i went to the url and read what he had to say. something really struck me. it was written in 2001. he said that people often want relationships, but that when they get them they fail because they allow themselves to become tangled in confusion after the reality of a relationship settles in, and its no longer the fantasy. that a real relationship is not your dream (because in your dream everything is perfect, and the other person is by no means a real person with an identity, likes, wants, etc). he went on to say that this causes people who love one another and who should be together to be pulled apart, as the one experiencing the reality crash allows themselves to lose the spark.

anyhow, this is EXACTALLY what happened to us. 2 years ago he predicted what would happen. anyhow, what i want to know is how someone can realize something about their own nature and then ignore it, like it was never realized before. he seems to do this often, but this one really struck me.

hey..

first off, having just broke up with my girl after 4 years....and now feeling crazy unreal pain cause she is moving on and im stuck.....we (men) have issues with talking and communicating with the ones we love....we can talk to everyone else and sound like we know it all...but when it comes to our relationships....we shy away.

i dont have answers to yur questions....but know that men often realize things when its too late...and aren't man enough to repair it.....

a shame