When the Ex boyfriend reappears and take it all!!!!!!!

I have been dating this guy (we called each other boy friends)for two months and opened myself to him. We both shared the same feelings, everything was fine until his ex reappeard and started to look after him once he knew that he was with someone(me!)The ex went to his workplace to let him know that he was sorry for all the bad things he did to him. He insisted and called him even if my bf told him that the past was the past. The day after they saw each other in a club and the ex ignored my bf totally. That's when my bfriend realized that he still had feelings for the ex. My Bfriend did never hide me the visit at his work place nor the phone call. One evenning after a couple of beers he told me that he had to be honest with me . He realized he still likes the EX (after everything he went through!!!I could not believe it). He was 200% sure that he would never go back with him because he knew what kind of person he was and that nothing good would come out of it if he would go back with the ex. However he has feelings for someone else and it is not fair to be with me because it would be lying to me. Obviously we stopped seeing each other. That was almost three weeks ago. The first week he called me every day because he missed me and he needed to hear my voice. He also told me that the thing he wanted the most was to love me the way I love him because I am the best think that happened to him. In the past ten day we did not talk at all except two conversations over the msn messenger. He initiated the last conversation today and I am now wondering... Is there something I should do ? But what ? Should I just let him go ? Should I wait longer ? I would not like to back out completely and what if he realizes that I am the best for him. He is a very nice person, and a rare honest man. I like him a lot. I do not know what to do , any advise ??thank You--

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

Take it from someone who has been in the dating scene for quite some time. From what you have posted, this one is not over his ex. You were the rebound bf.

This guy should have tried to wait before getting involved with you or at least waited until his feeling subsided about his ex. But thats in the past.

There are plenty of guys out there unattached and without baggage like this one. Go and get em! You deserve better! Have fun!