Really unsure of what to do here

Ok, bare with me because I just found out. I had met a guy about 2-3 months ago and we hit it off really well. One night while he was at my house, we had sex. We've only done it once since then, and then I started seeing someone, who I am also sexually active with. My problem is, I just found out I'm pregnant. I just called the guy from before and told him and he was really rude with me on the phone saying it was impossible. I told him it was possible, that things like this happen. He said that I needed to make a decision about it and let him know, and that if I decide to keep it, he'll pay for a blood test to see if it's his (I'm pretty sure it is, but I'm not going to say it is because I don't know for sure) and if so, he'll take responsibility. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to have this child at all, but don't believe in abortion. GOD, I'm soo confused right now. I'm only 20 and not ready at all!

Avalon,

Here is my advice.

In a perfect world, where babies are born to loving families, abortion isn't necessary. In a perfect world, where babies are born without horrible defects such as profound retardation, water in the place of a brain, hearts on the outside of their bodies, abortion isn't necessary. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world.

If you have the child and decide to raise it, consider the following.

1. You don't have the income to support the child, and you will most likely live in poverty OR push the child off on your parents.

2. You will not be able to work, because you will be a full-time mother without a father. Again, poverty.

3. You will be devastated both emotionally and physically. You will be tired, overwhelmed, and very angry at the world.

4. Your chances of marriage will decrease about 99%. Men don't like to marry women with kids. Chances are you will be single, or you will have to compromise in a big way, by marrying a loser. He might even molest or abuse your kid.

I know this sounds harsh, but this is the real world. Have the abortion and ask the father to help with the cost. Get some counseling afterwards. Start using birth control and stay in school. Never look back in regret over a bad mistake you made.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the same situation, only i am a lot younger,14 to be exact, only me and my babys father are still together.I did not ask to be pregnant but i am and I have made the desion to keep my baby, because it did not ask to be here, but it is and now i have to deal with it. I am not here to pass judgment on you but before you do anything go to link removed

and read up on all you need to know!It is a very helpful site.I am pro-choice, so whatever you decide is up to you!

Good Luck![/b]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Avalon,

I know how u feel....I am pregnant as well, except my situation is with a married man...its funny how you think your situation is always the worst but then there is one person worse off than you. i have learned to look at the bright side of things and realize that all thinks work out in the end.

The decision is yours alone to make and you are not to young to be a great mother...just follow your heart and you will decide what to do.