hello...i have posted several times in the past. anyhow, this is my latest question. since my ex and i have broken up, i have been having incredible mood swings: from forgiveness to anger that i did not know i was capable of. through a single day, i go from feeling strong and able to move on, to so angry that i fantasize about how i can damage him (not physically!), to near anxiety, where my heart feels heavy and i feel pressure all around me. i am also undergoing quite a lot of other stresses now. more than i want to deal with, but i cant put any of them aside for the time being (losing job, long distance move). its crash down, and im trying to keep my head above water. anyhow, my question is: are mood swings like this normal? ive never experienced them before, not like this. after a break-up, its more common for me to feel sad and try to cling on for dear life, not this wide range of surging emotions. any suggestions for getting things under control? i dont like knowing that im capable of such anger and resentment, and its not something i want to cultivate. help!

WELL IF YOUR religious OR SPIRITUAL YOU NEED TO SAY A LITTLE PRAYER LET GO AND LET GOD I USE THE SERINITY PRAYER(IM NOT A religious FANATIC) I AM JUST A SPIRITUAL GUY WHO GETS HELP FROM PRAYING TO A HIGHER POWER WHEN YOU START HAVING THOSE ANGER AND EMOTIONAL TIMES TRY SAYING THESE WORDS GOD GRANT ME THE SERINITY TO EXCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE AND THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN JUST A SUGGESTION AND I HOPE YOU CAN COME OUT OF THIS AND ALWAYS BE KIND AND COOL HAVE GREAT DAYS AND BETTER tomorrowS

Hello. yes all the emotional changes are normal. you just entered in the process of healing. It could be fast or slow. Everybody takes different time. Im in the exact situation here and Its been a month now. I hope I'll feel better with time. Stand in there and dont do anything wrong that you may regret later. Try to entertain yourself with other activities. There´re no solutions just options to make. Luck.

I am going through the same thing, terrible mood swings, now panic attacks and fear, anger, hopelessness, not wanting to live, you name it. People are telling me it's normal. We have had the rug pulled out from under us, and maybe need to be really, really gently with ourselves and give ourselves time and patience. We will get through it eventually. I hear there is light at the end of the tunnel, but it takes awhile to reach that point. Take care of yourself.