someone i love is on marijuana and alcohol

My boyfriend told me he had a problem with smoking cigarittes, marijuana and drinking alcohol in the past before we got together. He told me when he got with me i had made him to want to quit that.(i know he tried) and he wanted to be a better person for me b/c i never had any dealings with drugs, alcohol or smoking. Just about 10 weeks ago he got busted with some others during school and was sent to a drug center for 7 weeks at the end he barely passed the drug test for marijuana. And on may 8th he broke up with me and he wanted to be just friends b/c he said he didn't want to get me to change in personality b/c of his drug problem. We had been together for 7 1/2 months almost. But now he is so depressed and quick to get angry when i call him now when we used to talk for hours. At school he's just his regular self. But when i call he has an angry tone and say's hes busy and can't talk and one time his mom said she didn't know where he went for most of Sat. I'm just so worried about him and he don't want to go back to the drug center but i don't know if he wants to quit and its worrying me to death b/c im so scared that my ex/first boyfriend is going to get sick and/or possibly die. I saw him on the webcam and he looked like he hadn't slept well, and was sick looking when earlier he was all smiles, happy, and talkative at school during lunch It made me cry the when i saw him like that and he won't talk to me about it. I love him so much and his problems are just making his anxiety disorder worse also. i just can't help but cry at night b/c he's suffering through so much and i don't think his parents are helping eaither, i think they are buying him cigarettes and letting him drink at his house, in fact i know his stepmom buys him cigarettes and she know he smokes marijuana. So if anyone has any help to get him to talk to me or at least some ideas on some ways i could help him think about quiting more seriously b/c seeing him like this and thinking about what could happen is really killing me. Please Help if you can.

Jen_Jen

HI JEN_JEN IM A EX ACOHOLIC ADDICT AND THE THINGS IVE LEARNED IN RECOVERY IS YOU CAN NOT MAKE SOMEONE QUIT USING THAY MOST TIMES HAVE TO HIT A PLACE CALLED ROCK BOTTEM AND IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUY ARE IN YOUR TEENS AND IF HES ANYTHING LIKE I WAS HES GOING TO GET WORSE AND IT COULD LAST ALONG TIME WAY INTO HIS ADULT YEARS IF IM GEUSSING RIGHT YOU GUYS ARE IN YOUR TEENS THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS LET GO LET LIVE HE HAS TO FIGURE OUT WITCH WAY HE WANTS TO GO MY FEELING IS THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO JUST YOU DONT MAKE THOUGHS MASTAKES AND SOMEONE ELSE BETTER WILL COME ALONG AND HOPEFULY THAY DONT HAVE THAT PROBLM

GOOD LUCK SORRY FOR THE BAD NEWS