Why can't I find true love?

My name is David, and I'm 21. My problem is that I don't seem to understand why I can't find that special someone to spend the rest of my life with. I know I'm young, but that shouldn't mean anything. I know what it is that I want, a meaningful, long-lasting relationship with someone. Why is that so hard to find in the gay world. I'm sick of the gay lifestyle of sex, drugs, and alcohol. That seems to be all guys my age are into. Well, that isn't for me at all. It seems like whenever I meet a guy, he says he wants something long-term and meaningful, but when it comes down to actually committing, he gets scared and runs away. I get fed the line that he's "just not ready for a relationship." It's getting old and annoying. Does anyone have any advice for me as to how I can go about finding someone my age, that wants a real relationship, and not just a one-night-stand?

My sense is that if you are in the party/hook up scene, then what others in that scene are looking for is a one night stand. I don't know if this helps, but from what I understand divorced women are in the same situation as you are now.

I would think that through talking to others in gay organizations that you could find people who are more stable.

I would go to college in a city where there are gay communities and take some classes. If you see someone that you like in there, try and strike up a conversation with them. If you become friends with people who are like you, they may be able to help you in the search.

Think of what you would like in a future with another person. There are always going to be ups and downs in any relationship. Try to withhold sex from the person until you get the commitment.