My Husband isn't sure he wants children...I do

I know what you're thinking...this is something that should have been discussed before we got married.....it was. He even told me that once we are married I can get pregnant right away. Then the excuses came, we need a house first, we need time just for us etc...

I don't really care what kind of excuses he has...it all means the same thing, he's not ready.

I'm 32 and I've had two miscarriages in the past and I'm not even sure that I can have any children and, if I can, it may take years. I'm willing to try though..in fact, I have to try.

I resent him a little for leading me on the way that he did and I feel a little dumb for marrying him without being certain of his decision..but all that aside...I know I can't stay with him and wait forever.

All I really want to know is what you guys 'n gals think is a fair length of time to wait for him? I've been feeling quite depressed about this lately, especially since he isn't any closer now than he was two years ago and I'm beginning to think that I may wait forever. Do you think I'm over reacting?

Any major step in our relationship he has almost had to be pressured into and this is obviously not a choice here. He always seems to need a kick in the *ss and this time he isn't going to get one, he's on his own ... so thereforeeeeeee he'll never make a decision.

I guess all that I really wanted here was for someone to listen...thanks.

Hi Calamity,

You have to act and act pretty quick, too in order not to get too hurt. The truth is that you're not getting any younger. I admire your responsibility to wait till you are older and settled, so that you can take good care of the child. Well done! But you ARE ready now, so it looks.

As you have stated, you already pretty much made up your mind. Obviously having a child is very important to you. Is it safe to asume that you will divorce him if he keeps saying 'no'? If so, then you might want to take action as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more it hurts to divorce him. After all there are feelings and emotions to take into consideration. How long exactly to wait? Unfortunately that answer is in YOUR heart. Only YOU can tell.

I hope that this helped you somewhat and that you will find the courage to make the right decisions. I wish you good luck!

~ SwingFox ~