Ok, i have this one problem, acne. its very humiliating and emotionally draining. I know that there isnt any cure for eleminating the bacteria completely but, what do you do to help limit it. Ive done some research on the net and the things that keep being repeated are.....you should wash your face at least twice a day. That alot of these over the counter face cleansers dont really work. Most of them dry out the skin causing an over production of oil from your glands. This leads to more clogging of the pores. You shouldnt consume sugary or oily foods or drinks. Drink plenty of water and dont touch your face unnecessarily with your hands. Is there anything else that you have tried that might work? please help

In my teenage years I rarely if ever had acne. Then when I turned 23, the acne started. At first it was only a pimple or two a month. Week after week it starting getting worse to the point where I knew this was not going away anytime soon. I tried alot of over the counter products that did squat, and some that even worsened the acne.

The reason people get acne is a combination of alot of things. Your hormones, your genes, stress level, these can all affect the frequency and severity of your break outs. It has alot to do with your body's inability to remove dead skin cells. They clog up your pores causing a build up of dirt, oil and bacteria.

I'll cut this short cause i'm sure you just want an answer to all of this. Basically this is not gonna go away without spending some money albeit a rather small amount...

PROACTIVE SOLUTION (link removed) has worked for me and I believe I will continue using this for the rest of my life. I'm not joking about the wonders this has done for me. All my breakouts have stopped. I still have some scarring, but with time they will fade away and become close to unoticeable. I started using it about 2 months ago and after about the 3rd week, I have not had a single blemish since (well nothing to get worked up about). Usually the worse is a tiny little pimple that goes away within a couple of days. Just make sure you use it frequently, and try not to miss your application schedule. If you have sensitive skin, use it once a day, and eventually after about a week or two work it up to two applications a day - Morning, and night. And..that's it.

Just buy it and use it you'll see. You can find it by searching through any search engine and order it online or on the phone. It costs about $39.99usd (about $59.99cnd), plus you'll have to pay for shipping. If you use it twice a day it should easily last you 2 months, so it's costing you about half of that per month to have smooth, acne free skin.

I TOTALLY endorse ProActiv! I've had a bad complexion all my life. After seeing the infomercial for the millionth time, I finally just ordered the stuff, and I am thrilled. no more clearasil, no more oxy or stridex.

try it!

If its really bad, Heres the big gun:

Its a pill called Accutane and it works like a charm. It gets rid of acne and Keeps it away. You have to see a dermitologist before you can take it though but its like a miracle. There are side affects but nothing big, talk to your Doctor about it.

• 1 month later...

accutane has REDICULOUS CRAZY side effects in some individuals, and just SERIOUS DRY SKIN AND LIPS for others.

i think you should do your own research about accutane and not just listen to what people (including your Dermatologist whose in it for the money) tell you. better to be safe than sorry.

do research on the new B5 supplements and see if you'd rather do that. from the research that i did MYSELF, i found it has no severe side effects. check it out. i plan on trying it soon.