My parents are too in control please help

My parents never give me any space even if it's talking on the phone I have to sit in the kitchen, I can't talk where they can't listen. My parents have to know my friends, their parents, and everyone who lives with them andf like them before I'm even allowed to go over to their house to study. they never let me do anything! they sometimes allow me to go over to my boyfriend's house but only for a very short time. They constantly accuse me of doing things even when I have been with them all day. I have never done anything to make them not trust me, up until 3 months ago when it got so bad I ran away from home. It has lightened up a little since then but It is still really bad and I can't take it anymore they are literally making me go crazy. I have 2 years left before I'm out of High School and they're still treating me like I'm two years old. Anyone have any advice? Thanks.

well I've been in your place though in my case it was my parents religion I ran away aswell and think calmed down for a while aswell then back to how they were I mean I think your parents just want you to be safe and stuff there is a lot of sh..t out there but I think they need to learn how to aproach it and realize what u r gonna do u r gonna do behind their back if they forbid it and see that what they need to do is communicate with you and let you know of the dangers not try and keep you from them I suggest you talk to them I don't know how old u r u sound ummm 16? cuz of the school grade but at 17 in some states you can move out don't get me wrong I don't think that is the answer but mayb letting your parents know then u will have the choice they will have to let go a lil trust me they don't want you to move out tell them u wanna stay at home but tell them how much their mistrust is f..cking you up make them listen to how its effecting you and why in what aspects and let them know u don't want to do n.e thing bad you just want to have some personal life say that them beeing so mistrusting makes you feel like u can't talk to them about your problems pr the issues at home w yer bf friends etc

good luck girl ..

Hi Jericksgirl,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for posting your questions here. I am sorry to hear that things at home don't go the way you really wanted to go.

I agree with forever, that from your parents' point of view they are trying to protect you, because I agree, there is a lot going on out there on the streets. In your situation, though, they seem to be a little overprotective. I understand that you need your space and privacy.

My rule in life is: "Communication leads to a better understanding". My suggestion is that you talk to your parents about this. I am not sure how you handle things, but I know from experience (I have been a teenager myself), that teenagers can get very emotional and things end up in a shouting match. It would be so much easier to try to talk to your parents in a calm way and talk in terms of explanations. Explain them how you feel and what your needs are. You might be surprised over things.

I hope this helped you and I wish you good luck.

~ SwingFox ~