I love you

How long should you wait before you tell someone you love them. I have been going out witht htis girl for 2 and a half monthst and ive almost told her i love her 3 times but i didnt cause i wasnt sure what she would say or do. Could it hurt things? Should i wait until she says it? This is her first real relationship.

mmm I picked this little piece of advise from someone on the forums:

"When it feels wrong not to say I love you, thats when you should say it."

there is no "time" but there is a feeling, I have said i love you to a girl after knowing her only a couple weeks, and another only after 8 months, the 8 month one was the love of my life (so far). and i still love her.

When it "Feels" right, thats when!

• 3 weeks later...

Although I normally don't, this time I have to agree with Gilgamesh. Saying I Love You does not have a time limit. You can never say it too early or too late....only when you REALLY feel it. I've been with girls I have NEVER said it to...girls I've said it to just to get laid...and girls I've said it to because I truly felt it.

Don't worry about saying it and not getting a response back...although that does suck!! Most girls feel it RIGHT AWAY and are just DYING for you to say first!!

But, something I want to touch on here... Many people confuse love with lust. A lot of people are in LUST for the first few months they are together and they mistake this intense desire for the other person as LOVE. Especially in a relationship that starts with sex.

Also, young people in High School and College think they are in love when they are not. They feel something, but it's not love...not yet. Unfortunately, you usually have to be with someone you DON'T love and loose someone you DO before you FINALLY know what love is!!

My advice to you on this subject would be to wait a while longer before saying I love you to this girl. You might get to know her better and realize you don't. Or, you might say it too soon...freak her out and get dumped! And, you might get to know her more and realize you love her MORE than you do now! Who knows! But I'd give it a few more months to see if that whole lust thing slows down first. Lust typically lasts only about six months...if you still feel this way toward her THEN, well...it might be love. Just wait and see!!!